“Okay”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Either hit or miss but when it's good it's great.

1  Thank smartgirl34

Reviewed November 5, 2010

I am shocked that this restaurant is rated #66 in Prince George. I love Chinese food and make special trips to Vancouver and even Hong Kong to get it. I also lived inChina for one year so I do know what I'm talking about.

The Great Wall is the best restaurant I've come across in the Interior of BC. Nothing comes even close in the Okanagan, for example. It isn't exactly "real" Chinese food (Canadians wouldn't stand for that) but it's well-cooked and tasty. The people who run it are nice and the prices are great. Give the buffet a try and I doubt you will be disappointed.

2  Thank ugogirl7
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Don't eat here i got food poisoning from here. Owners didn't care.

2  Thank bigeasy2easy
Reviewed June 5, 2010

My family and I ordered home delivery from the Great Wall yesterday, and I thought I would take a moment to share our thoughts. We ordered the Family Dinner for 4A (Large Chicken Chow Mein - Sweet and Sour Pork - Pork Fried Rice - Almond Guy Ding - Large Deep Fried Prawns - 4 Spring Rolls) and an extra serving of Hot and Sour and WonTon Soup. The order was taken promptly and efficiently, and the delivery driver was friendly. It took just under an hour to arrive, but in their defence it was friday night. We were impressed at how well packed the food was when it arrived - and it was still very hot. The portions were generous and they provided an abundance of condiments with our order. The prices were reasonable.

Our family likes things with a lot of flavour, so we admit that we found a few of the dishes a little bland. Specifically, the Chicken Chow Mein, Pork Fried Rice and Almond Guy Ding. My son, the WonTon soup conoisseur, had no complaints, although I found my Hot and Sour soup lacking depth of flavour. The Spring rolls were really nice though, and the boys raved about the size of the Deep Fried Prawns. But the star of our order was the Sweet and Sour pork. Really, it was amazing - you must try it.

Being new to Prince George, we are going to try the other Chinese Food restaurants before we call this our favorite, but I certainly have no issues with recommending them. I've attached the menu for your info.

1  Thank Kathleen A