“Do not stay anywhere else...”

Water's Edge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 19 Prince George B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 7, 2010

My wife and I stayed here in June of this year on our way to Prince Rupert and can only say that of all the Bed and Breakfasts we stayed in during our trip to Canada and Alaska this was without question the best of them all - not only for the location but for the wonderful hosts, Stuart and Marie. Nothing was any trouble to them, Stuart met us at the train (stopped off at a take-away to get our dinner, the supermarket to get some supplies) and took us back in the next morning. Our (enormous) room was downstairs with access to the garden area and views out over the river - the bed was so comfortable and everything spotlessly clean. Breakfast - one word - terrific. As I said in the opening if you are going to Prince George and need somewhere to stay do not look any further - this is it. Cheers from Terry and Sue, Australia

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 3, 2010

Although out of town, this is a stunning, relaxing location where we wished we had booked another night. The hosts were very friendly with a cooked English style breakfast. Comfortable bed. We were picked up at the train station early in the evening and taken back there the next morning. We would definitely stay there if we were to pass that way again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The Skeena train journey has an overnight stop in Prince George. Even before I booked with them, Stuart was able to help us with advice on what class of travel to book. He met us at the station and even though the train was quite late in arriving, took us to a Restaurant to get some take away for for our dinner, took us to the supermarket to get some lunch for the next days journey and some wine and then took us home to our very lovely room in a beautiful setting on a lake. After a very generous and tasty breakfast we were driven back to catch the train. O' and did I forget to mention the fact that we had a great chat with them as we enjoyed out dinner in the kitchen. All that for such a great tariff. They could not have done any more to make our overnight stop more comfortable. It would be great to stay longer and take a later train just to enjoy the setting.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I had to go to Prince George with my daughter to find her an apartment and set her up for the coming school year at UNBC. I found Rivers Edge B&B online and booked it when i emailed about the acomodation. It was a fantastic house right on the water with a two bedroom suite downstairs. The hosts are great and the house and grounds couldn't be more beutifull. It really was a pleasure to stay there and when I go back and visit my daughter with my wife we will try and stay again. It was so much nicer than most of the Hotels available and considering the great breakfast and tax included it really is a better deal than a boring hotel room. It's a fantastic house expecially if you have any interest in Modern architecture. Don't hesitate to stay there if you get a chance to visit Prince George.

Reviewed November 29, 2010

Stuart is the best. I booked for a single room at his comfortable river front home and showed up with 2 stowaway's. He welcome the sudden change without a flinch. We had a relaxing stay. I only wish I had a water toy to float in the river.
Great place to stay at a great price! A great facility for family or meetings, as you have the entire downstairs to yourself.

Reviewed November 27, 2010

I may sound like a broken record, repeating what everyone else has said, but Stuart, Marie, and the house are truly the best combination. My family was on a 32-day road trip, staying at hotels, B&Bs, and Hostels. Our unanimous #1 vote goes to Stuart and Marie. The leisure conversation with them, the breakfast, the rooms, and the decoration are all fantastic. Since every review has pretty much covered every aspect of how good the stay was, I will not attempt to add more. Perhaps the best way to describe our experience there is the fact that we have offered an open invitation for them to stay with us whenever they come to the San Francisco Bay area.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

Myself and my family (spouse and daughter) stayed in Water Edge B&B on March 29, 2010. It is a great experience to stay there. They offer us two bed rooms and one large sitting room. Full suite equipped with TV and Desktop Computer and internet. View of river was great from all portions of the suite and particularly from sitting place. Bed rooms were well decorated and quality of bed were good. Overall it was anice stay. I think it is one of the best scenic location of Prince George.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family