“Smells like chlorine, might be fun for kids.”

Super 8 Prince George
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Vancouver, Canada
“Smells like chlorine, might be fun for kids.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The staff at Esther's was dismissive and uncaring, they did everything they could to avoid offering us suggestions or help when we asked for it. The rooms were very dark with minimal natural light and because of the pool and waterslides the building always smelt of strong chlorine. Despite being dark the rooms were standard and relatively clean.
The décor was fun and the courtyard was filled with exotic plants (both real and fake) and made the place very unique.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Esthers M, Manager at Super 8 Prince George, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Sorry for your inconvenience, and thank you for your comment. We will try hard to make it better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have never stayed at this hotel and was shocked to hear how loud it was throughout the hotel. The front desk guy said we were in new end and very quiet. I said great. Then was informed we were on third floor, ok. So after touring whole first floor realize there is no elevator. Being my back is in really bad shape, I had to struggle to get to third floor, up 3 sets of stairs.
One other thing, all rooms face pools and hot tubs and with many children screaming and having fun, it echoes through every room. For family fun, great, for weekend away with husband not good place for relaxation. Buffet brunch was low in all hot pots but good for the cost. We booked out next morning and moved to new hotel. Staff at desk was like water off a ducks back, no sorry other than how will you be paying for last nights stay.
Hotel also needs upgraded, beds and furniture
Won't go back, thanks but no thanks.

• Stayed October 2013
Esthers M, Manager at Super 8 Prince George, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. First of all, sorry for your experience. We are keep trying hard to improve our guests' experience at the hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and we will make it better.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in August. There was a large family group split between 5 rooms. We didn't have any complaints, especially considering the price.

The pools and hot tubs were working and the kids had a blast on the waterslides. The only downside was that the waterslide hours were so limited.

The rooms were a bit tired but had everything we needed, the front desk staff were a bit harried at times but always friendly and accommodating, and the rooms and public areas were reasonably clean.

Our family used to live in Prince George and this hotel was something I remember from my childhood. It was fun to actually stay here as a guest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Esthers M, Manager at Super 8 Prince George, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Ft. Nelson, BC
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very nice hotel & great for kids. The front desk reception were very friendly & helpful. But beware of your belongings and make sure you check your bags before leaving. I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and found out when I got home a few little items, including my husbands moccasins were missing, completely gone from our bags. They cost no less than $150 and were used, but also a birthday gift. After calling & leaving a message with the manager about the items missing, I received no call in return. Very unfortunate the nice hotel has a thief among the staff. Otherwise it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
First of all, we thank you for staying with us. We are sorry to hear about your experience; however, we want to make couple of comments about it in response. We have contacted you very next day and our housekeeping manager and the front desk supervisor contacted you when they received a complaint from you. We have done investigation, and interviewed two staff who cleaned your room. We have also searched the entire hotel for your items. We could not find any evidence of wrong-doing of our staff. We believe in honesty and integrity. Thank you.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a nice, older motel. Lots to see and do for kids with pools, and waterslides in the atriums within the motel. But, this place could use some renos and updating. Also, the staff could use a bit more customer service training. Overall, I would say, stay here if you're not looking for something NEW and fancy.

• Stayed August 2013
We are currently undergoing renovation. Thank you for your review, and we will do better next time.
Kuwait
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Esther's Inn is the hotel we use whenever we stay in Prince George. The hotel is older but well maintained, and we've always had a good experience there. The staff are personably and friendly, the service good and consistent, and the family friendly atmosphere is a godsend. When I say it's 'average' I mean that the venue itself is not particularly spectacular, but it is <i>comfortable</i> and for us, that's far more important than bling or luxury.
We've always appreciated our overnights at Esther's Inn, and we will continue to stay there anytime Prince George is on our itinerary.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We will be happy to serve you again.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was my reason for visiting Price George and I was not disappointed. As a child, my family would stay here on our way through PG to Kitimat every summer. It holds very special memories of good times with my family. I wanted to come back and try to revisit this experience. I found it to be everything I remembered. My room had been recently renovated and was extremely clean, but the tropical decor in the main areas looked almost just like it did 25 years ago. There are palm trees and tropical flowers growing everywhere and there is a little stream running through the commons with bridges to walk over. I was instantly taken back to those summer vacations. When I was little I wanted to grow up to own Esther's and live there everyday lol. I admit I still wouldn't mind that. The hotel has a swimming pool, 2 jacuzzis, a kids pool and a waterside annex. It also has a great restaurant and bar(with a great lady serving who told me she has been there for 14 years) as well as banquet and business facilities. Every room is poolside which is nice for the kiddies to easily get to the fun stuff. The prices are very reasonable. i had a king room for $110. I know this is probably the cheesiest review on all of Trip Advisor but I wanted to share my experience. I obviously recommend this hotel and will definitely return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Esthers M, Manager at Super 8 Prince George, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review! We will keeping working hard to provide nice experience and services to our guests. Our staff and management really appreciate your comment.