“Not Enjoyable”

Prestige Treasure Cove
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed December 14, 2007

Very disapointing. I went to prince george for business and my family tagged along for a weekend get away. We chose this hotel so they could be entertained in the casino when i was away. Boy, was that a mistake. When we arrived the casino closed at 6pm for a Christmas party. We were only told of this once we were checked in, we were not told when booking the hotel and we not told before checking in. As it was a sunday night my family spent their weekend get away in walmart (the only open store in the area) and watching tv in the room. The room was an ok size however the rooms were not clean, as tables were sticking from spilt soda. The room was overpriced considering there was no casino.
If you need an average place to stay you will find better for cheeper. If you are looking for a hotel and casino i hear there is a nice one in quesnel.
By the way, we did send of a letter of disapointment to the management with no response at this time.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank goonie_char

Reviewed April 22, 2007

I booked one night for 120/night. For a newer hotel, room decor looked old. But it was nice. Resteraunt below served excellent food. Hotel gave casino vouchers for $5 free play, however big table games were closed during the week. If there is a concert going on, bring ear plugs. The concert stage was between the casino and hotel - not a good idea. I could hear swollen member banging all night til midnight. I was on the top floor at the end of the building and I could feel the music pounding. There was a free hot buffet breakfest - excellent. For Prince George, it was a pretty nice place.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ELCHEAPEE
Reviewed September 20, 2006

We brought our 3 kids and had a fabulous time. We are NOT management- we were vacationing from mackenzie, B.C. and had a blast. We also enjoyed the waffle breakfast with fruit and cereal. The kids loved the pool area and hot tub, and we appreciated the fact that they had lifejackets there for little ones. We don't have a credit card, but they accomodated us as oft hotels won't anymore, and we had a great stay. I feel bad for the grumpy ones over the bar. We had too much fun!!

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank gabedavey
Vancouver
Reviewed March 20, 2006

I have never in my life experienced a worse place to stay. Apart from having my room directly above the bar, the traffic noise was awful. I was entertained every night by the loud music coming up from the bar and the bar brawls that occurred outside in the wee hours of the morning. Aside from this, I was double billed for my stay and still have not received my money back.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2006

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. We have stayed at other hotels in Prince George and found most of the rooms old and unkept. This hotel was clean and modern. I liked the adjacent Casino--made for a fun evening of gambling and fun. I have stayed there with my husband only and I have stayed there with my children. The kids loved the waterslide and the pool. They also liked the make your own waffle breakfast with whipped cream and berries. When we stay with the kids, we try to get a 1 bedroom suite, which this hotel does not currently offer, however they have told me they are still building and plan on having suites in the new area. I found the staff both friendly and helpful. We were on the 4th floor both times and did not notice the noise from the Casino at all. The only other downfall is that there is not a family restaurant on site.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank Sandi H
edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed March 5, 2006

ok, if you like casino and traffic noise this is your hotel. I am not sure who in management is writing these other reviews about the hotel being wonderful etc. The breakfast was basically pastries from costco. I founfd the general manager rude if not arrogant, and I would rather stay in the coast or another hotel. I heard that several hotels are being built next door to the casino, so I am looking forward to more choice in Prince George.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Beverly Hills, CA
Reviewed December 17, 2005

I have just returned from the Treasure Cove Hotel, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I stayed at the Coast Inn previously, because the Cove was still under construction. Let me tell you, the wait was worth it!

The rooms were beautiful and brightly lit, with very nice bedding and a large tub in the bathroom. Everything is so elegant and the staff were much more friendly than those at the downtown hotels.

Parking lot security is the best in town. Cameras everywhere and the friendly guards make you feel secure.

When you check into the hotel, they give you five-for-ten coupons to use in the casino. Great for those lookign to spend only a bit!

They've got beautiful art around the hotel andin the rooms, and an awesome staff and event list.

The continental breakfast is much more than that. Several types of pastries and even waffles with whipped cream, blueberries and strawberries! Yum!

Next time you stay in Prince George, I definatley reccomend this hotel. It's better for those looking for fun, rather than the family with fiv little kids or elder people (because if the casino and bar attached).

• Stayed: November 2005