“Great surprise for Prince George”

Shiraz Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 231 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Great surprise for Prince George”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Were looking for somewhere different to take family for a thank you meal. Heard good things about Shiraz by people who went for lunch. Small place in a strip mall but service was friendly and attentive. Owner told us the story of a Persian restaurant in northern BC. Good choice of dishes either grilled kabobs or 'STEWS' which we all had. They were dishes of slow cooked meats and vegs in different sauces served with rice and salads. All were excellent. And the price was excellent about $15 a plate. There is a small wine list where we were able to select some hard to get BC wines. Desserts were good as well. Go to Shiraz

“just awsome”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

just awesome food and service was great too the waiter told us about the food and it's history in the persia

Prince George, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice change”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Went here at the recommendation of my son. The owner greeted us at the door and then came around to explain the dishes and the ingredients. Nice mild flavoured dishes with unique tastes that are easy on the palate. The rice that come with the dishes are flavoured perfectly and are a real treat. When you look at the menu there are interesting items that will tempt you. I have been back twice now and hope to expand my taste horizons further. The atmosphere and price point of the items on the menu further enhanced my dining experience. Would have no hesitation in recommending Shiraz.

“Something wonderfully different.”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stopped in here for a last minute lunch and were pleasantly surprised having never really tried Persian food. The food was fantastic and our server was very informative about the menu and how the food is prepared. She definitely sold us on how great our lunch was about to be. The meat kabobs were juicy and so flavourful, even the rice was flavour packed. We split the Queen Kabob meal and were stuffed. The price was definitely reasonable even though we shared a plate. I found the kabobs to be a lot like Greek souvlaki. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed. I cannot wait to eat here again.

• Visited June 2014
Reza A, Owner at Shiraz Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at Shiraz with our audience. We are glad you had a good experience at Shiraz. At Shiraz all staff work hard together. We want to be part of change and bring a new color to Prince George. Passion, Love and determinations are the key elements for all of us which we apply in every parts of our business.

Reza Akbari
Owner/operator
Calgary, Canada
“Great culinary treat”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was visiting Prince George and wanted to take my Parents out for supper. Even though living in PG all of 1 year of my life I like to check TripAdvisor when it comes to restaurants. I saw that Shiraz was way up in the rankings so I wanted to take my parents. When we got there my Father did not want to go in as he said he had been to this restaurant before and the service was terrible and the food was not much better. I suggested we look to make sure it was the same place and once inside he said yes it was...but alas to late to turn around now. Looking at the menu it made me want to try about half the dishes as the were so unique, but I decided on the Queen kabob and my parents chose to share a platter with three different dips. The restaurant was full and the additional staff was an hour late but our server managed to expedite the food like a real professional. The food was amazing and I can not wait to get back and spend another evening trying some of the specialties. Oh and as for my Dad, he went back the next night...

Visited May 2014
1 Thank WhiteWolfPG
We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience at Shiraz with our audience. We are very happy that your parents had good time and came back again. Our goals are providing Persian hospitality, the unique taste Persian cuisine and over all make a unique and different experience for our customers. We have a big goal and challenging path.

We look forward to see you and your family soon!

Reza Akbari