“Great service!”

MR MIKES SteakhouseCasual Prince George
Reserve with OpenTable
MR MIKES SteakhouseCasual Prince George is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 236 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am generally disappointed with Mr.Mikes, but the China Chow Stir Fry keeps me coming back. However, this time I have to say our service was excellent. Our server, Teal made sure we had everything we needed. With a table of young boys, I am sure we kept her on her toes. Drinks were always refilled, always a smile. The kids had mac&cheese, which since we don't buy (KD) it was a fun treat. The reason why I had to wrote this was that we found some sort of creature in our calamari, something I have never seen before. Actually IN our squid, it had ate the creature and was fried up inside of it. I showed it to management, and he was great about it. Came by, had a chat, took the appie off our bill, brought free desserts for the family and gave us 10% off our meal. I have never had just great service after something like this. Absolutely changed my mind about the place. Thanks for turning a not-so-good find into a great experience. See you again!

1  Thank JenWal

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

When I travel to a new town or city in this great nation of our I always ask myself," where's the beef, and who can prepare it well?" You see I like my steaks rare, charred and a good quality meat. Throw in good beer, attentive friendly wait staff and I nice environment and you become my best friend.

I'm not at all surprised that I don't find this combination of talents very often but when I do you and the server will definetly know it!

My server today was Shauntel and she was quite charming. She identified with my desire to have my steak charred and rare and NOT have it overcooked. She was attentive, pleasant and brought me extra napkins without being asked, and let me tell you if you have a beard like myself this is a must.

For desert I forgive Shauntel for bringing me my Remy Martin V.S.O.P. in a shot glass with a stem also known as a sherry glass. She says that's how it's served here but I think she was trying to cover up her mistake. No worries though because when I mentioned it she took care of it immediately.

The only downside was the atmosphere. The as per usual cooking cutter 21st century pub image going back to my first experience with it in the late 90's. Ah Jackastors where are you now?

When I'm in Prince George next challenging myself to their wonderful trails I'll reward myself with a good meal from Mr Mikes! Hopefully Shauntel and the cook who prepared my meal are still at this establishment when I come back in September.

Oh my post script is thank all the gods they didn't serve my caeser with those disgusting bacon bits!

1  Thank Calthos
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had one of the most expensive hamburgers ever here and it tasted as if was from a frozen patty. It was tastless. The facility though is nice.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is one of our regular family stops for dining out, we always go back! Whether appies or main course, the food is consistently good and cooked as ordered. The waiters/waitresses and hosts are usually friendly. Unlike many other places, when it is busy there is not much difference in wait times for food.

1  Thank frombeautifulBC
Reviewed April 29, 2013

other than a short wait at the door everything was excellent, the spicy ceasar drinks can't stop at one - yummy, great food and service,

1  Thank Vicky S