“Ok place to eat”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 18, 2014

(the photo on trip advisor is not what the building looks like at all)
First time to an Original Joe's, heard great things so thought we would try it out.
The services on Friday Aug 15 was SOO slow. Took forever for the food (+40min), our server never checked on us after dropping off the drinks and taking our order, we had empty glasses until after our food arrived.
The food was good, good portions (I personally would NOT order my meal again, Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl, the rice was mostly in 3 big clumps)
I will give Original Joe's a try again in South Surrey (we only went to the PG location because we were in town)

1  Thank AiramV

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I've been to a few of these restaurants and they're all really good. Lots of choices and the prices are reasonable. Be warned ... the portions are HUGE and you always get a choice of 2 sides. We find now that we can usually get away with 1 order shared between the 2 of us. The beef dip is one of the best I've had!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Following a prior review in which my father, my wife and I had a very unsatisfactory experience, I was contacted by the manager of the restaurant, who expressed apology for our experience, and extended an invitation for us to come back so that their staff might show us a better time. Upon our arrival, we were first greeted by our waitress, and then by the manager himself. Both were extremely polite and welcoming. What really stood out to me is that, although the manager knew of our prior negative experience, it didn't seem at all like he or our waitress were over-extending themselves to provide a better time ... the service was seamlessly great, on par with what my friends had told me about in their recommendations. The food, too, was excellent. My dad's burger was perfectly cooked and well presented, my wife ordered the ribs she had hoped for during the prior visit and was very impressed by the sweet potato fries that came as one of her sides, and my nachos were perfectly constructed this time with everything layered. At the end of the meal, the manager stopped by our table again to field our response to the food and service, and even welcomed a suggestion from my wife which he later thanked me for in a follow-up email, with assurance he was going to pass the suggestion on to corporate. I am not at all sorry that we allowed Original Joe's another opportunity to wow us, because the 2nd time, they certainly did not disappoint.

1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I were extremely dissatisfied with our recent experience at Original Joes in Prince George

Our first point of dissatisfaction came with our margarita. Our server informed us that margaritas were made with 2 shots of tequila, and that the cost for shots of Patron was $11 per shot. We agreed that we would still have 1 glass of double shot margarita with Patron, despite feeling that $11 per shot was rather ludicrous, considering that a 750 mL bottle of Patron costs $80 at any BC Liquor store. Unfortunately, when our waitress brought the margarita, it was the worst tasting margarita we'd ever had. It tasted as though the server had simply mixed 2 shots of Patron with a shot glass of water and added a slice of lime.

Initially, my wife had ordered the ribs, but around the time that the food my father and I had ordered was ready, our waitress came to the table to inform her that the restaurant was out of ribs, as the oven had gotten turned off and that they weren't finished cooking. The waitress asked my father and I if we wanted them to bring our food or hold it back and bring it all out together while preparing whatever alternative choice my wife chose (the 10 oz New York Steak, medium-well, with potato salad and honey slaw). When her meal was delivered, the steak was undercooked and still slightly bloody. The honey slaw was not satisfactory either, as it appeared to be out of a Dole coleslaw salad kit, and the dressing wasn't sweet at all, but tasted sour and bitter, as if the dressing was loaded with vinegar.

The tractor cut nachos tasted fine, but they were crafted in a manner that left all the toppings simply piled on top of the cheese, with nothing to help them stick to the tortilla chips. On top of the pile of nachos, the green onions were laid in 6-inch long strips, rather than diced, and the onions looked wilted, as though they had been put on before the dish was heated to melt the cheese. Perhaps most disturbing to me was that when I reached the bottom of the platter, there was a French fry in the bottom of my nachos, leaving me to wonder if it had simply fallen in somehow, or if the dish I was served on had been properly cleaned and sanitized prior to use.

Overall, for a meal that cost $90.00, we don't feel the service, presentation, or taste lived up to what it should have been. My wife was adamant that she has no desire to ever eat in this restaurant again, and I cannot say that I do not share her sentiment. On top of this, we sent this complaint to their corporate office, and they couldn't even be bothered to reply.

2  Thank Steve P
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I have been to OJ's many times. The most recent trip with our family with 3 grown boys. I had the Green Thai shrimp curry special which was very good. The others had wraps and rice bowls. We were all happy with our meals. We have enjoyed all our previous meals as well. The service varies. The servers are young and vary in experience and confidence but always seem pleasant. We will go back again because the food is consistently good and we like the choices available.