“Lots of garlic !!”

Dining options: Reservations
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Lots of garlic !!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at the Sandman for one night and had a beer and a burger in the restaurant which was very good. The chicken caesar salad was dripping in garlic and in hindsight I should have sent it back but didn't and suffered the next day !! Everything else was good and the waiting staff were excellent and it had a lovely atmosphere. Very out of the way though unless you are staying at the hotel. Not sure I'd drive miles to eat there.

• Visited July 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“My Steak”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed thoroughly my "Chicago" med. Rear steak at Rockfords in Prince George. Best I've had in a long time. Thumbs up.

• Visited August 2013
Ladysmith, Canada
“When the menu says crispy bacon, it should mean crispy”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Sandman where the Rockford was attached. We decided to go there for breakfast our first morning as it was convenient for us. We both ordered bacon and eggs with marble rye toast. I ordered a tomato juice and we had coffees. The menu said three pieces of crispy bacon, so I saw no need to ask them to make my bacon crispy. Our orders arrived and the first thing we did was ask that the server take the plates back as the bacon was scary raw. I said to the server I would have asked for crispy, but the menu said it was crispy. NO comment was offered back. The server took our plates away and a few minutes returned with everything but the bacon and told us to start on that first and he would bring our bacon when done. Now, I prefer to eat my breakfast as one meal, but did not want to complain further because who knows what would end up on the plate besides my meal. The toast.. I mean bread because my toast was only warmed up, not actually toasted... was stale tasting and almost inedible. My potatoes were very bland and not appealing. We finally got the bacon back and my three pieces were all stuck together so have no idea what the chef did back there but I ate it as knew we had a long day ahead of us. When we got our bill for two I almost had a heart attack. Two orders of bacon (3 strips each only) and eggs, two coffees and a tomato juice set us back about $40.00 I guess as B.C. means Bring Cash some places in Prince George (P.G.) means Price Gougers. Oh, and an apology for this terrible breakfast? Non-existant.. the server did not even comment on it at all, like it happens all the time and he expects the complaints.

Visited July 2013
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Best Steak & Options”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good dinning choices here. I had one of the best steaks I've had with the Creole sirlion. Very flavorful & I was surpised how actual tender it was. Very good I'm still thinking about! Staff all very nice, good atmosphere overall. Good place to watch people, a game and just meet with others. I like the lounge area best for me.

Visited June 2013
Canada
“Interesting food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Conveniently in the hotel we were staying in. The service was exceptional as I have peanut allergies they tripped over themselves to accommodate me (a rarity). The food was an interesting fusion, very tasty.

Visited May 2013