“Very Courtious Staff”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Kelowna
“Very Courtious Staff”
Reviewed May 6, 2009

The hotel is not located in the nicest part of town, but with the 24 security now you feel safe during your stay here. The parking is secure and it is located across the street but if you don't feel safe walking across the street they have the free valet parking which is pretty awesome! I got to stay in one of their new renovated rooms and they were very up to date. Plus they have flat screen LCD TV's!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Brussels
Reviewed September 19, 2008

We selected this place to stay overnight while making the "Skeena" rail trip. It is easily walkable from the station in 10 minutes, but on the way we were asked twice to spare some change and when we ventured out in the evening there were almost only strange characters lurking around - not somewhere to feel safe, particularly after dark.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the room was standard fare - clean and tidy but nothing special. Window opened a little bit for fresh air, but not a lot of light!

• Stayed September 2008
British Columbia
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel a few times within about 10 years. They have changed so much, and definately for the better. When I first arrived, I learned they are the closest to the airport, making my first time driving here much easier; especially with the directions the front desk girls gave when I called. As well, for guests using Via, there is a free shuttle to and from supplied only by the Ramada.

Coming down George street I noticed immediately that the street had been cleaned up quite a lot. As soon as I pulled up to the hotel, I had a valet come out and help me with my luggage and park my car. It's a free service that they have because of safety and street people. (That's about all they can do about the street...) Eventhough the parking isn't attached to the hotel, it is the only secure in Prince George. I felt a little uneasy with security, but through my whole stay, there was at least one valet person or security guard by the lobby at all times.

There are plans on the walls for the new renovations they're doing. It looks like it's going to end up being somewhat of a main Vancouver hotel; all posh. There's a brand new fitness center, the restaurant has changed a bit, and the staff have definately been "upgraded" for better customer service.

All in all, I'm very happy they are now showing the Ramada name proudly, and I will definately be there again!

• Liked — The amount of upgrades and updates
  • Disliked — Don't have the spa anymore
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I had to book a room in Prince George for my boyfriend, who was travelling through the area on business. After reading some of the reviews of the local hotels and the area, I was worried about his safety but unfortunately these were the only accomodations near the Prince George Airport. Upon his return my boyfriend confirmed many of the reviews I had read, and then some. He said the prostitution and drug abuse were obvious on every corner and that Prince George was probably one of the worst towns he's ever stayed in. His main complaint was the lack of attached parking at the Ramada; he had to park quite a ways from the hotel and walk back. My recommendation, especially to single or female travellers, is that if you have to stay in Prince George, stay at the Days Inn or the Travelodge; they have attached parking.

• Liked — Of the few hotels in Prince George, it appeared to be the more decent one.
  • Disliked — No attached parking, horrid location.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Kent
Reviewed August 23, 2006

We stopped over on the way to Jasper on the Skeena train. It's about a 10 minute walk from the station to the hotel.

We arrived at about 9pm on a Sunday evening and although we felt slightly intimidated by a couple of the local "characters" we swiftly checked in and found the room to be very pleasant.

The bathroom was particularly impressive and the bed was comfy. We had a spot of dinner in the restaurant which was fine and departed at about 7am the next morning.

The hotel lobby shop was convenient and seems to be open holidays which was a bonus.

At $89 a night you can't go wrong for such a well-known hotel chain and it was a shame we couldn't get to know Prince George a little better.

• Stayed August 2006
7 Thank EGF
British Columbia
Reviewed July 25, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Ramada hotel in Prince George on our way back down from a road trip up north. The drive was beautiful and reaching the forests leading up to Prince George was a delight! It was a pleasure to arrive into town with a cozy room and friendly service awaiting us. We walked around downtown after dinner, it was a beautiful evening, and did not experience any of the street problems that other reviews warned of. Breakfast in the restaurant was really good, the service was fantastic, and we were on the road again after a well rested sleep.
Overall, it was a lovely experience. We will stay here again!

• Liked — The friendly service
  • Disliked — Lighting
  • Tips/Secrets — Never judge a book by its cover
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank thrust
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2006

We got such a large, luxurious room here that we suspected we might have been given a different room to what we'd asked for and would be asked to pay rather more. But this didn't happen. Our $89 room was comparable to others costing $140 to $160 elsewhere in British Columbia and Alberta.

I had read some negative comments on Trip Advisor about the hotel being located in a seedy neighbourhood with prostitutes and druggies hanging around so we were prepared to pay for a taxi from the station even though it is within easy walking distance. People on the train thought we were mad so we walked without any problems. The undesirables must have been having the night off (and it was Friday night).

Our train from Prince Rupert was 90 minutes late and we only just managed to get dinner at the bistro/pub that adjoins the hotel, which closed at 10:30 pm. Next morning we had to leave before breakfast started at 7 am (but we got it on the train, so no drama).

As I said, we were very happy with the room. It was huge: we could have held a party in just the bathroom, which, incidentally, had a heated floor. The king bed was huge (although, come to think of it, we had asked for a twin room with two singles ... no matter). It was all very clean and luxurious. Perhaps our only complaint were that the pillows were a bit hard and thin, and there was only one each.

Well worth the $89 (plus taxes).

Stayed June 2006