Ramada Plaza Prince George
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Downtown Motel(Prince George)
View Hotel
Coast Inn of the North(Prince George)
View Hotel
Queensway Court Motel(Prince George)
View Hotel
Connaught Motor Inn(Prince George)
  • Free Internet
Economy Inn(Prince George)
Prince Motel(Prince George)
Carmel Inn(Prince George)
View Hotel
All reviewsglass wallfree valet parkingbathroom doorvalet servicerain shower headupdated roomsmain roomlocated downtownmini fridgenice roomfront desk staffexcellent staycomfortable bedscontinental breakfasthot tubstarbucksopaque
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed as part of a sports group in March. We had a junior suite which was fabulous, lots of room, including a decent size sitting area. It also featured a fridge and microwave.
We also ate at the Coaches Corner a few times - the food was good and reasonable, however not being to bring the kids to eat at the restaurant was inconvenient - some thing yo think about with the upcoming Canada Winter Games.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Kevin E, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for the kind review JackieT07,

We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your room and the food. We appreciate your comments about having a place here kids can go and eat and we are in the planning stages of a of a kid friendly restaurant.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The newly renovated rooms are stunning and artistic. They're perfect…if you were in a modern art gallery. The black on black decor with the dim and oddly focused lighting, although striking, makes this a difficult space to see in. The closet lighting is subtle and lovely, but sheds little light on your clothes. The shiny black drawer sets seem hidden and are difficult to access or see in the shiny black closet. The bathroom mirror is exquisitely back-lit, but almost impossible to see yourself in.

This hotel is superb in all other respects: ideal location, upscale, modern, clean, nice gym and pool, very comfortable beds, helpful staff, fun restaurant and bar, Starbucks coffee shop, high-tech spacious meeting rooms, well-functioning business center etc.

My recommendation: stay there, but bring a headlamp!

Room Tip: My understanding is that the king-bed rooms have better bathroom lighting than the queen-bed rooms. Also, that the king rooms have soap/toiletry shelves in the showers, (the queens do not, which is extremely inconvenient in the shower).
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Kevin E, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for the review Cordelia S. We have been making quite a number of changes at the hotel which we are quite proud of. The issues with the lighting has been identified as an issue and we are currently working on ways to alleviate this. We thank you for visiting us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed at the Ramada in January along with a business group. The Hotel staff at the reception were amazing and very helpful. The check in was quick and they were able to provide excellent dinner recommendations. We heard that the rooms had been recently renovated, which would be a nice treat. When I arrived on my floor, it looked like I was walking down an airport run way with the strange strip lighting down the walls. Upon entering my room I felt like I was entering a lounge. The glass shower entered into the main room so people could see you in the bathroom unless the door was closed and the lighting in the bathroom was horrible. In the bathroom the mirror was backlit, but there was not a light over the sink. When shaving at the sink, there were shadows on my face. I heard a few complaints from the women in our group who ended up using the bathroom near the conference rooms to put their make-up on. In the glass showers, there is not a place to put your shampoo and soap so I ended up putting it on the floor which was a pain. And finally in this odd washroom, there was a spot light above the toilet and when sitting down with the door open you can see yourself reflected in the closet door. It is quite an experience.

In the main rooms the beds were very comfortable but again what were the designers thinking with the lighting. There was minimal light in the room except for spotlights above the bed positioned in a fabric covered panel. No idea why you need a spot light above the bed.

Overall, great service staff, it's nice that they have a coffee shop in the lobby, but seriously what were they thinking with the renovation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Aaron M
Kevin E, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for the review, Aaron M, we always appreciate it when guests take the time to provide their feedback.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment in the design of our newly renovated rooms, but I understand that they will not suit the taste of all guests. We have been listening, and the shortcomings you identified in the bathroom lighting and shower shelves is being addressed and many of our rooms have been retrofitted to resolve those issues.

Your business is important to us, and we have a number of rooms in the hotel that are finished out in a more traditional style that you may prefer. We would be happy to show you more of our rooming options on your next visit to Prince George.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Staff are very helpful, courteous and pleasant. Rooms are very nice the beds are so comfortable. My only issue is I personally do no like the towels stored underneath the counter by the toilet - I do not feel this is sanitary.
In the rooms with 2 queen beds the shower does not have a place to set soap, shampoo or face cloths. I don't like setting them on the floor of the shower - need a stand for products. The rooms with the king bed has an inset built into the shower which works very well.
Internet was not working for me which is an issue.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for the review Louise B. We are happy to hear that for the most part, you enjoyed your experience with us. We have been listening and the shortcoming you identified in the bathroom towel location has now been addressed. The bathroom shower shelves are also being addressed and many of our rooms have been retrofitted to resolve this issue.

I am sorry to hear about the Internet not working for you. If you could contact me directly about this, We would like to look into it to ensure that the issue does not reoccur for future visits.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and this included from the times when it was not in the best part of town to now where it is in the "good" part of town and the hotel has undergone major renovations with the very modern rooms now. The negative experience was in Coaches Corner for breakfast. This has happened once before to me where I seemed to be forgotten and the breakfast I ordered was obviously not going to be coming any time soon. Others who arrived after me seemed to get their food before me and since I am there to work I had to leave without breakfast which was important to me as it was a very busy day at work with no lunch break. I am concerned enough that I would consider going to a nearby restaurant for breakfast to make sure that I get fed before going work.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Kevin E, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for the review Stanley. We are happy to count you as one of continuaing guests. I am sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience in the pub. We take our sevice committment very seriously, and have obviously slipped on this with your experience in the pub. I will definately be looking into this for you. I look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us.