“What were they thinking with the renovation”

Ramada Plaza Prince George
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed at the Ramada in January along with a business group. The Hotel staff at the reception were amazing and very helpful. The check in was quick and they were able to provide excellent dinner recommendations. We heard that the rooms had been recently renovated, which would be a nice treat. When I arrived on my floor, it looked like I was walking down an airport run way with the strange strip lighting down the walls. Upon entering my room I felt like I was entering a lounge. The glass shower entered into the main room so people could see you in the bathroom unless the door was closed and the lighting in the bathroom was horrible. In the bathroom the mirror was backlit, but there was not a light over the sink. When shaving at the sink, there were shadows on my face. I heard a few complaints from the women in our group who ended up using the bathroom near the conference rooms to put their make-up on. In the glass showers, there is not a place to put your shampoo and soap so I ended up putting it on the floor which was a pain. And finally in this odd washroom, there was a spot light above the toilet and when sitting down with the door open you can see yourself reflected in the closet door. It is quite an experience.

In the main rooms the beds were very comfortable but again what were the designers thinking with the lighting. There was minimal light in the room except for spotlights above the bed positioned in a fabric covered panel. No idea why you need a spot light above the bed.

Overall, great service staff, it's nice that they have a coffee shop in the lobby, but seriously what were they thinking with the renovation.

1  Thank Aaron M
Kevin E, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for the review, Aaron M, we always appreciate it when guests take the time to provide their feedback.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment in the design of our newly renovated rooms, but I understand that they will not suit the taste of all guests. We have been listening, and the shortcomings you identified in the bathroom lighting and shower shelves is being addressed and many of our rooms have been retrofitted to resolve those issues.

Your business is important to us, and we have a number of rooms in the hotel that are finished out in a more traditional style that you may prefer. We would be happy to show you more of our rooming options on your next visit to Prince George.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Staff are very helpful, courteous and pleasant. Rooms are very nice the beds are so comfortable. My only issue is I personally do no like the towels stored underneath the counter by the toilet - I do not feel this is sanitary.
In the rooms with 2 queen beds the shower does not have a place to set soap, shampoo or face cloths. I don't like setting them on the floor of the shower - need a stand for products. The rooms with the king bed has an inset built into the shower which works very well.
Internet was not working for me which is an issue.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for the review Louise B. We are happy to hear that for the most part, you enjoyed your experience with us. We have been listening and the shortcoming you identified in the bathroom towel location has now been addressed. The bathroom shower shelves are also being addressed and many of our rooms have been retrofitted to resolve this issue.

I am sorry to hear about the Internet not working for you. If you could contact me directly about this, We would like to look into it to ensure that the issue does not reoccur for future visits.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and this included from the times when it was not in the best part of town to now where it is in the "good" part of town and the hotel has undergone major renovations with the very modern rooms now. The negative experience was in Coaches Corner for breakfast. This has happened once before to me where I seemed to be forgotten and the breakfast I ordered was obviously not going to be coming any time soon. Others who arrived after me seemed to get their food before me and since I am there to work I had to leave without breakfast which was important to me as it was a very busy day at work with no lunch break. I am concerned enough that I would consider going to a nearby restaurant for breakfast to make sure that I get fed before going work.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Kevin E, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for the review Stanley. We are happy to count you as one of continuaing guests. I am sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience in the pub. We take our sevice committment very seriously, and have obviously slipped on this with your experience in the pub. I will definately be looking into this for you. I look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

The newly renovated rooms are exceptional. This is definitely the first choice for Prince George. Pool and hot tub still closed. I have no more comments but must use two hundred characters to post Comment for some reason cabshdjdkdjdjdjdj

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pomojack

Thank you for the kind review Pomojack, we are really proud of our newly renovated rooms. We close our pool on an annual basis for any repairs and painting that needs to be done. Unfortunately, your stay coincided with this. We are planning on having the pool reopened by the end of February so that you may enjoy it again in your next visit.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Kevin E, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel. I was in Prince George on business for 3 days. I was given one of the newly renovated room which was quite wonderful. The comfort of the mattress, the cleanliness, the rain shower in the bathroom all exceeded my expectations.
The other delight was the restaurant in the hotel, Coach's Corner, I think is the name. The was was very good, priced well, and they had multiple gluten free options. Pasta, bread, pizza etc. The waitress that was there each night, Jaime was extremely welcoming and took a significant amount of pride in her job.
I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: make sure you get a newly renovated one.