“Nice rooms; service could be better”

Ramada Plaza Prince George
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Victoria, Canada
“Nice rooms; service could be better”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The renovated rooms are very nice, although I wasn't keen on the dark hallways. The beds are comfortable. My main complaint was the lack of information provided by the front desk. I asked about parking and was just told it was across the road. No mention of how to get into the parkade, or that I needed to keep my room card after check out to get back into the parkade. It would have been helpful if there were some instructions in the room about getting privacy in the bathroom.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback, nitpicker101. We strive to provide the best possible guest experience and clearly we did not meet that objective with you. I have met with our Guest Services Team and we discussed the importance of communicating these types of things to each and every guest. I am sorry we failed to do that for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I travel to pg often and I have had fairly good experiences at this hotel. The rooms are upgraded and lovely. Beds are very comfortable. Heated bathroom floors and rain head showers are very zen-like. Lighting not so good in bathroom and no fan. Gym is well equipped and pool is clean. Hot tub not hot enough to kill bacteria and just a warm tub.

While I have ordered room service many times from coaches corner the hotel resto, it has been fast and usually very good. This visit I went for some wings and a beer and it took 40 minutes and there were only about 6 other tables. I decided to give the resto another shot last night and went for pizza. I ordered quickly as I wanted to get them going as soon as possible to avoid a 40 min wait again. 40 minutes later my server informed me that when they were taking out the pizza it stuck to the oven. Now they were making me another one. 10 minutes later my pizza arrived. It was overdone and on my 3rd bite I was chewing and started to choke. I spat out my mouthful and there was a plastic bread tab in my pizza!!! I was so disgusted, I took my plate to server and told her my discovery. While she was apologetic and offered another to be delivered to my room, the thought of eating anything these clowns made disgusted me. I am pretty sure that the pizza that took 40 mins that got stuck to the oven was re-cheesed and dressed up to fix the error rather than a new one made since it only took another 10 minutes after the original 40 min wait. My husband was so horrified he called the hotel to describe my experience and suggested they cover the cost of my Pizza Hut pizza at minimum (I finally had dinner at 10:30 pm!). I am still at the hotel and I have not heard from anyone. I would not recommend this restaurant. The Keg is 1 minute walk by, Tony Roma and Cira's (mediterranean) very close by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mamatufive
On behalf of the entire team here, mamatufive, I am so very sorry for what must have been an awful experience for you during your most recent stay. There is no excuse for what happened to you, including the lack of follow-up after the fact. I would like the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you to make things right, and would thus appreciate it if you would contact me directly.
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

There's a reason Prince George consistently gets rated as one of the most dangerous cities in Canada, and the Ramada downtown is right in the middle of the worst area. Even walking across the street to the parking garage is something only to be done at certain hours of the day.

The hotel itself is excellent - the rooms, service (and thankfully) security were all very strong, and I'd stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you, Fortstjohnian, for taking the time to provide the feedback on your stay. We are proud of the work being done here at the Ramada Prince George, and quite a bit of new development in the downtown area of the city is rapidly transforming the neighbourhood. Many of Prince George's most popular restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel, as are a number of local attractions.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel has been re-done so the rooms are very modern and look very nice. The design is unique with glass walls that change if you open or close the bathroom door. Staff is very nice. The parking is across the street and on the top floor of the parkade so it is not really convienient. The pool, hot tub and gym are very nice. I don't think we would stay there again because the cost is not justified.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Corrina S, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you, Ciro G, I really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am very sorry you felt your room rate did not represent good value. We have held our rates static for the last two years and continue to do so, but we recognize that individual experience will be the ultimate driver of the perception of value. It truly is disappointing to know you will not be staying with us again.