“Very nice hotel and great staff!”

Ramada Plaza Prince George
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Winnipeg, Canada
“Very nice hotel and great staff!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times with work.

The staff are always very friendly.

They have a Starbucks located right in the lobby.

The hotel is about 10-15 mins from the airport.

The rooms that we always stay in are suites. Very nice. Have a large living room (with fridge and microwave) a seperate bedroom with a very comfortable bed and a very large bathroom with heated tile floors. The bathrooms have a seperate stand shower and tub.

The hotel restaurant is very good with very good priced items. The staff and servers there are amazing!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Canadawj
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review CriVia, we really value the feedback. We continue to work towards the completion of all renovations at the hotel, and look forward to seeing the addition of a number of recently announced developments in the downtown core. I'm sorry to hear that everything was closed when you were here, as there are some very interesting shops and a number of good restaurants in the neighbourhood. I do hope you get the opportunity to visit our city again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I had a spacious king bed room that was clean and basic. The bathroom was the highlight. It was very large with a separate tub and shower and heated floors and lots of counter space. The shower head was a nice rain shower type. The pub-style restaurant downstairs is good for breakfast and happy hour. The Starbucks downstairs is very convenient.

Stayed February 2013
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks for your review, Tricia T, we really do appreciate it when our guests take the time to provide feedback on their stay. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to our city.
Port Coquitlam BC Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel was great. My room had been remodelled as I am assuming all were. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in...ever! The linens..amazing. Gorgeous shower too. I honestly could have moved into this room and stayed. The gym had everything I needed (note to staff, please do not spray cleaner on the doors when someone is working out. I thought my lungs were going to seize up with that stuff. Pool was lovely, hot tub was fine but no bubbles. I assume it was being fixed though because everything else was in top notch order. Starbucks in the lobby, attached is a great little pub with decent prices and food. $10 for burger, fries and a beer. I had no worries walking about this area. It was deserted at night. Great little shops to look through. Only got to window shop as by 5pm they were closed and I was not in PG for a weekend.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any room as it is in a quiet part of town.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank-you, wanderlust1971, for taking the time to provide your feedback. We took extra care in selecting the new beds and linens for the renovations, and are delighted to have your comments confirm the choices we've made. I have made note of your concerns regarding the hot tub and gym, and have engaged our staff accordingly. I hope to see you again on your next trip to our city.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I recently stayed here on business.

The newly renovated rooms are nice! Very modern appointments.

The hotel is professionally run with friendly and responsive staff.

It has a nice fitness area with weights, cardio and a pool.
There is an attached restaurant as well as a Starbucks in the lobby area (full store).

If you want a more "upscale" meal, there is a nice Keg restaurant across the street.

I would be a little wary about the surrounding neighborhood at night and would not consider walking alone. However, when I walked to my destination in the morning, it was fine. Just be a little streetwise.

The only hotel complaint I would have is the quality of the TV signal. Apparently they are in the process of upgrading to Digital. The current picture quality was terrible.

All said, if I return to Prince George, I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We really do appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stay, so thank-you JourneyThruTheLens. I can confirm that we are upgrading all of our guest rooms to High Definition TV, and with that change we expect the image quality issues to be completely resolved. We are committed to providing the best possible guest experience, and hope that we get the opportunity to see you again.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Ramada was decent and once the renos are done will probably be better than decent. I stayed while the work was still going on and as can be expected sometimes its pretty noisy, the elevators a bit dusty and the line ups at Starbucks long. BUT, the construction dudes working the site were very friendly and just nice. Not sure who has the reno contract but they have some really good people working in PG!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jerome C
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your views, cranstondrj! We really do appreciate the feedback. We are, at last, in the final stages of room renovations and look forward to returning to construction-free status. I will pass on your comments to the construction crew, who I know work very hard to minimize disruption to our guests. We hope to see you again in Prince George!
Prince George
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband surprised me with an overnight stay in The Kingsize Jacuzzi Suite. It was amazing.
We had the romance package with chocolate drizzled fruit, champagne and a selection of bathing goodies.
The hotel is undergoing a complete renovation and if the lobby is anything to go by it is going to look amazing.

Our room was spotless and very comfortable. The swimming pool was fun and lovely and warm.
We are considering this overnight treat as a regular 'date night' it was THAT nice there.

• Stayed January 2013
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your special stay twinkletoes5477, and would love the opportunity to have you with us again. Doing it right for our guest's special occasions is something we take a great deal of pride in, so thank you very much for sharing your views with other readers.