“Classy and comfy”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Newcastle, Australia
“Classy and comfy”
Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

Ours was a one night layover while on the train from Prince Rupert to Jasper. The train was late in but the staff were efficient and recommended where we could find a meal. The room was spacious, modern and the bed very comfy. I'm just sorry we couldn't stay longer.

BUT what's with the glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom? I'd rather not see my other half on the toilet.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Granny-Mae
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Hello Granny-Mae,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your experience while staying with us. It's always lovely to hear that our staff have made our guests stay memorable.

Our new beds in our brand new Premiere Rooms are indeed very comfortable, and I'm glad that you had a wonderful sleep! With regards to our state-of-the art showers, the glass walls are 'magic' in that, when you close the bathroom door, the glass becomes opaque, allowing complete privacy. I apologize if this feature was not explained to you when you checked-in.

I hope you enjoyed your train trip - it is a beautiful one!

Janet Linge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I travel all around BC for work and trust me, this is the best hotel to stay at, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever had in the world, I swear ! And the floors are separated by a 4 ft thick slab of concrete so you can't here anything whatsoever !!!! Then wake up and Starbucks is downstairs, can't beat it.

• Stayed March 2012
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Hello Cohiba69!

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We always strive to to ensure our guests feel welcome, appreciated and enjoy all of our ammenities our hotel offers! I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to having you as our guest once again in the near future!

Vernon, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Not the newest Hotel in Prince George but the decor and furniture has all been updated. Bed was very comfortable, room was very clean and the service was excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Joe O,

It''s wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your stay from our new guest rooms to the service from our staff!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Campbell River, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is my second visit to Prince George. Based on my pleasant experience last time, I came back to the hotel this time, and for some reason, the room was even better. There is a pretty well equipped exercise room, which was being quite well used. The rooms are well appointed and quite recently renovated so fresh and clean. Beds were comfy. There are a couple of good eating places nearby. I'd say the only downside of this hotel is the location, but it IS downtown Prince George, and near many places travelling business people may have meetings. Having said that...Prince George needs to work on the 'welcomingness' of it's downtown core :-)

I will definitely return to this hotel, indeed I look forward to it!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dianne M
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Diane M.

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel, guest rooms and had a wonderful sleep in our comfy beds!

We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future!

Janet Linge.
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The remodeled rooms were clean comfortable. The Cot was old though. Starbucks inside the building and free wifi is a plus.
Close to decent restaurants like Shooters Bar and Ric's Grill.
The front desk staff was friendly and efficient.
There is complimentary valet parking - very convenient.

I would stay again based on price,location and comfort.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Hi Gymnbo,

Thank you for your lovely comments. We were very happy to have your team stay with us and look forward to future stays. We are glad that you enjoyed our Starbucks, Free Wi Fi and our brand new Premiere Rooms! It's wonderful to read about our friendly Guest Service Agents!

Thank you again for your business, we value it very much!

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I am a local who suffered a neck injury and couldn't manage the commute to my rural property; I stayed at this hotel because it was a block from my office. Complimentary valet service was a pleasant surprise,especially valuable in winter weather and late check-ins.
Starbucks in the lobby :) The front staff never volunteered any info about amenities, and check-in was a longer process than I've ever experienced before. I felt it was comparatively less luxurious than other hotels at the price point ($120/night). My room was clean and renovated but had a clinically bland utiliitarian feel, I had the fairly uncomfortable feeling of being in a conference room with a bed. The bathroom, oddly, did not have a fan. I wouldn't recommend the rooms for any outings involving romance. Under different circumstances, I would have switched hotels for a different room atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2011
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Arct,

We value ALL our guest responses on how we have measured up to our guests expectations. I am sorry to read we fell short on your overall stay. It is our goal to ensure each guest leaves our hotel a happy one.

I would love the opportunity to make it right for you. Please contact me directly to discuss how we can make it a GREAT STAY for you in the future.

I certainly hope that your neck injury is on the mend!

White Rock, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2011

The new room renovations are ultra modern, sleek and sexy! I haven't had such a great night sleep in a hotel in a long time. The bedding and atmosphere is delectible! There is also a fantastic new gym and equipment. For someone that travels alot as I do...I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear Wanda S.

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our NEW Premiere Rooms! We are excited about our guests having the opportunity to experience these beautiful and relaxing rooms as well!

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay! Looking forward to having you back as our guest once again in the future!

Happy New Year Wanda!