“Not for an extended stay”

Ramada Plaza Prince George
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
“Not for an extended stay”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I am a local who suffered a neck injury and couldn't manage the commute to my rural property; I stayed at this hotel because it was a block from my office. Complimentary valet service was a pleasant surprise,especially valuable in winter weather and late check-ins.
Starbucks in the lobby :) The front staff never volunteered any info about amenities, and check-in was a longer process than I've ever experienced before. I felt it was comparatively less luxurious than other hotels at the price point ($120/night). My room was clean and renovated but had a clinically bland utiliitarian feel, I had the fairly uncomfortable feeling of being in a conference room with a bed. The bathroom, oddly, did not have a fan. I wouldn't recommend the rooms for any outings involving romance. Under different circumstances, I would have switched hotels for a different room atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2011
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Arct,

We value ALL our guest responses on how we have measured up to our guests expectations. I am sorry to read we fell short on your overall stay. It is our goal to ensure each guest leaves our hotel a happy one.

I would love the opportunity to make it right for you. Please contact me directly to discuss how we can make it a GREAT STAY for you in the future.

I certainly hope that your neck injury is on the mend!

Kindly,

Janet Linge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2011

The new room renovations are ultra modern, sleek and sexy! I haven't had such a great night sleep in a hotel in a long time. The bedding and atmosphere is delectible! There is also a fantastic new gym and equipment. For someone that travels alot as I do...I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear Wanda S.

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our NEW Premiere Rooms! We are excited about our guests having the opportunity to experience these beautiful and relaxing rooms as well!

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay! Looking forward to having you back as our guest once again in the future!

Happy New Year Wanda!

Janet
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Recently stayed at this hotel. Found a rate that was substantially lower on travelocity and booked through the ramada corporate website. Asked about best rate match and was refered to a different website. That best rate website is a joke and does not work. They 3 days later would not honor the lower rate. After some arguing they finally agreed to honor the rate. The room was clean but a little tired. The trim on the desk is peeling loose, the counter top arbrite in the bathroom is lifter around the sink as well. The room was clean which is the main thing, and the bed was comfy. Staff was wonderful except the one snot nosed bartender in the lounge on sunday night. All in all it was a good stay and one of the finer hotels in prince george.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Hello Hunglow,

Thank you for choosing the Ramada Hotel downtown for your stay. I apologize for the confusion of websites in regards to choosing a rate for our property. It is always our goal to ensure our guests are treated wonderfully and leave happy; in reading of your stay, I apologize for falling short of this goal.

We are currently undergoing major renovations to our guest rooms, and our Premiere Rooms are now available. I would love the opportunity for you to expereince one of our Premiere Rooms on your next visit!

Kindly,

Janet Ling
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Good location right downtown. Close to great local restaurants. Renovated rooms. All in all a good stay

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Nicolely
RPGCA_Manager, Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thanks Nicolely for your review! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Cheers,

Corrina
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Fantastic hotel with great staff. Very friendly and helpful. The restaurant / sports bar in the lobby is nice too.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank DanielKOBrien
Thank you DanielKOBrian for your review! We appreciate the compliments about the staff and Coach's Pub!

Cheers,

Corrina
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Arrived here in the evening and was told to park my vehicle in the public parking situated at the rear of the hotel. The area was dark and street locals drunks were hanging around in the area in this semi lit strret. Tried to access the hotel from the rear but the doors were locked. I then walked around the building to the front entrance and came across dodgy looking people and hookers. This hotel caters for wedding functions so beware of noise.
Would I stay here again? NO I WON"T

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Janet L, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Hello Earnest,

I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort while staying with us. We would love the opportunity to have you back as our guest to allow us the opportunity to make it right!

Prince George is currently undergoing a change in our downtown core, and we hope that in the future you will not feel the same way should you choose to stay with our property once again.

Earnest, to ensure your comfort, we do offer complimenatry Valet Parking and I apologize if this was unavailable to you.

We value all our guest's comments and I hope in the future you will give us another try!

Front Office Manager
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We're holding our 30th reunion here and our experiences with the management/staff has been excellent! Everyone we've contacted and spoken to has been welcoming, friendly, and extremely helpful. The Inn is being upgraded and although this creates some inconveniences presently, it is obvious the outcome will be gorgeous! The restaurant has been known for its excelent buffets, warm ambience, and reasonable prices. When the renos are complete, this restaurant will be a first-choice place to dine! The food has always been scrumptious and the portion sizes are just right.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Cleanfreak17
Hi Cleanfreak17,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the changes we are currently undergoing. It is our intention and hopes that all our guests expectations are exceeded. We look forward to hosting your upcoming 30th Renunion!