Coast Inn of the North
$84
FourPoints.com
$70
Very Good 4/5
Canadas Best Value Inn Prince George(Prince George)(Great Value!)
$71
$68
Agoda.com
Prince Motel(Prince George)
$58
$55
Good 3.5/5
Riviera City Centre Inn(Prince George)(Great Value!)
$54
Hotels.com
$91
$87
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Prestige Treasure Cove(Prince George)
$135
$110
Very Good 4/5
Carmel Inn(Prince George)(Great Value!)
$62
$163
Excellent 5/5
All reviewscoffee gardenfront deskjapanese restaurantcorner suiteprime ribthe hotel staffroom was cleanroom servicejunior suitean older hotelwhite spotbusiness trippool and hot tubenjoyed my staygreat roomdowntown areatim hortons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2008

This was my first stay at a Coast property and I was very pleased with the experience. The Front Desk staff were polite and professionally dressed.

I booked a Coast Comfort room which is fairly simple and has standard amenities. I was pleasantly surprised however to find robes left in the room for guest use. This is not something I expected in a standard room and I was very happy as I enjoy using these on my trips.

The parking was very convenient and allowed you to bypass the lobby and go straight to your room. The hotel is centrally located and is in a quiet part of town. There is a nice Japanese restaurant on site and I enjoyed the pool which was virtually deserted so I enjoyed it as well as the hot tub all to myself!

I would definitely stay here again. I look forward to trying out other Coast properties.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank darrylwilsonjr
Reviewed April 11, 2008

This is an older hotel that is starting to show its age. I would nonetheless recommend it as the service was good, rooms were clean, quiet, and the hotel is centrally located. The lobby decore was quite charming and the restaurant (breakfast) was quite good at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank maldivesod
Reviewed February 10, 2008

I come to Prince George occasionally for business trips. This is the second time I've stayed here.

Compared to most hotels, I find the furnishings getting a little older for my taste and I find that the lack of lighting tires me easily. However, the hotel desk staff did inform me that the room I was in was going to be next in line for renovations so I hope that things will turn around the next time I visit.

If there is anything I appreciate most, it's definitely the breakfast at the restaurant on the main floor. Great way to start the day!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2007

You get good value for your money here. Stayed in a jr. corner suite that is about the size of 1 1/2 typical hotel rooms.

The property is definetly older, but very well kept up. Public areas were shiny clean and our room had some newer touches, such as the curved shower rail. We had the full meal deal on the bathroom amenities including swabs, mouthwash and sewing kit.

Staff are well trained and friendly.

Parking is plentiful and free, free newspaper and free wireless Internet that streamed my Slingbox at 900+ mbps. Very good!

The corner suites have one design issue. You are either going to be right beside the elevators, or at the other end of the hall with the vending, ice and a service elevator. The hotel isn't that huge though and noise was not an problem. See photo of floor plan.

There are two very excellent restaurants just off the lobby. Shogun and Winston's. Our local friends told us that Winston's has been around for 25 plus years and is considered to be the best dining in Prince George. I would have to agree, food and service were impeccable. Shogun was fun and the fish was fresh. The breakfasts at the coffee shop were reasonably priced and tasty.

The hotel is right downtown Prince George. This can be good or bad depending on your needs. Downtown seems to be in a redevelopment phase and the general vibe fells better than a few years ago. In any case, a five minute drive will get you to almost anywhere you need to be.

I would stay here again, it is comfortable, friendly and you just have to push "L" on the elevator for some really good dining.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2007

I stayed at the Coast in Prince George for one night on a business trip. In general, the place needs a facelift. The carpets need replacing, the dark-colored bed covers should be retired and replaced with new white covers, and the fixtures in the bathroom need an upgrade. In the shower, the showerhead was loose (the pipe was rattling around the wall cavity) and the shower faucet kept me guessing regarding the temperature (there was no arrow to indicate the current temperature).

On the good side, my room was spacious enough and clean enough; the wireless internet access was free and worked with no hassles; the TV had plenty of channels; the bed was comfy; and the front desk service was quick and attentive. I had a meal at the Japanese restaurant in the lobby of the hotel: the sushi was quite acceptable and the service was friendly.

Parking is plentiful and free, and the hotel is centrally located in downtown Prince George.

Overall, keep in mind that this is an older hotel that needs a bit of attention, but otherwise there are no big disappointments.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business