“Newly remodeled room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Prince George, Canada
“Newly remodeled room”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Coast Inn of the North in the newly renovated soaker tub room. Dinner at the Shogun was superb, as usual. I like the new colors in the hallways and rooms. I can't wait until the outside gets an upgrade as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Becky L, People and Culture Advisor at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear KVD9

Thank you for your review of our property -we are delighted that you enjoy our newly renovated room, and that you had a great dinner in Shogun - a guest and local favorite!

We will undergo phase two of our renovations, to be completed by fall 2014. Third phase will include the common areas, with future planning geared towards our exterior.

We look forward to welcoming you when you next visit Prince George, and look forward to your remarks as we continue to improve on our property.

Becky L
People and Culture Advisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The rooms were clean, the location was friendly for walking about and the bed was comfortable. There was a fridge and when we requested a microwave, one was brought up quite quickly. I stayed here on business, but think it is also a good location for looking around town. Some of the other customers were a little shady and the floor we stayed on smelled of drugs one evening, but other than that it was a pleasant stay in Prince George for a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Voodew
Becky B, Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Lyleth;

Thank you for your review of our property, and the kind remarks about our Ambassadors. We believe we have the best in the area!

I am concerned with your comment regarding our other guests, and activities they may have been participating in. We pride ourselves on keeping our property clean, quiet and comfortable for our Guests. We will review our internal procedures to ensure that this is not a concern on future stays, for any of our Guests.

Guest feedback is an important part of our business, as it allows our team to view our opportunities, from our Guests' perspective.

We look forward to hosting you, next time you are in our beautiful city!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 17, 2014

In town to watch the Spruce Kings play so location was perfect. Hotel room was comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly so worth my recommendation. Could hear our neighbors in the next room but nit any worse than any other typical hotel room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Chris S
Dear Chris S;

Thank you for your review of our property, and your kind remarks regarding our team of Ambassadors. We are delighted to hear that you had a good experience while you were visiting Prince George, watching our Spruce Kings play.

We look forward to hosting you again, on your next trip to Prince George.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Downtown PG with decent access to restaurants, etc. Can be loud because of where it is and a bit sketchy at night.
The rooms are not as nice (beds not as comfortable, drapes do not cover the entire window, very loud from neighboring rooms and the hallway) as any other Coast hotel I have been in.

Staff were nice and checking in and out was quick. It's OK but some associates stayed at the Sandman Signature in PG, and they paid less than I did (I paid $149 and then $159 for each night, they paid $140) and had full suites that were brand-new. I'll stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear aHUBbusiness;

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. You are right about our location - we are conveniently located to all local attractions including the downtown business area, hockey arenas, etc.

In 2013 we began renovation to our hotel rooms, and the remainder of the renovations will be complete by fall 2014. We'd like to invite you back, to stay in one of our newly renovated suites, which include completely updated bedrooms, bathrooms, and all amenities. We trust that you will have a refreshed outlook on our property.

Once again, thank you for your review -we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Prince George.

British Columbia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed three nights in this hotel. Although a bit dated, the place was very clean. Towels and linens quite new. The king size bed was very comfy! The hotel was full but very quiet. Security walks the hotel, so safe also. Going back.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are likely quieter as they are away from street. Corner king suite is large and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear tmpugh;

Thank you for your review of our property. We are delighted to know that you had a great stay with us.

The amenities you mention are a Coast standard - to ensure our Guests comfort as they stay with us, when away from home.

In 2013 we began renovation to our guest rooms, and the completion will take place in fall 2014. Further renovation to our common areas will follow.

Please be sure to book your next stay with us, so you can enjoy our updates!

Prince George, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Coast Inn if the North has a great rate for Northern BC residents. This makes this hotel great value for the money. The renovations are lovely and modern and the facilities are great. I also love the Coffee Garden restaurant and the convenient downtown location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank nthbcgirl
Becky B, Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear nthbcgirl,

Thank you for your review!

Our Northern Residents rate is a great opportunity to stay at Coast Inn of the North, while exploring what Prince George and area has to offer! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated suite, and we look forward to hosting you on your next stay!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Allow me to preface this review by stating that I have stayed at this hotel easily more than one hundred times since 2007 when I stayed at the hotel 3 nights per week (ever week) while attending UNBC, on business trips, and personal vacation time.

I stayed at the hotel this past Tuesday night in the "Premium Jacuzzi Junior Suite".

As always all of the hotel staff are warm, welcoming, and very helpful. The hotel location is central to food and shopping. And most importantly, I always feel very safe staying here, particularly because I do a great deal of solo travel.

I was absolutely thrilled with the recent renovations. The décor and furnishings are modern, clean, and comfortable. The room is spacious and had all of the amenities that I desired (mini-fridge, hairdryer, coffee/tea, a safe, loads of lush towels, in-room movies, balcony, work desk, sitting area, etc.)

The extra deep soaker tub is a wonderful upgrade to the old Jacuzzi tubs that previously furnished these rooms, and I thoroughly enjoyed a long hot soak after my 7 hour drive to PG. The only downside to the location of the soaker tub is that it is separated from the rest of the room by a half pony-wall, which means that I was not able to enjoy my in-room movie while enjoying a long soak, which I was previously able to do before the renovated floor plan. (Please consider placing a TV on the pony-wall.)

The bed was very comfortable with very nice crisp cotton bedding. Unfortunately, I was unable to enjoy a good night's sleep. While I had reserved a "quiet" room, the location of my room was central to a trifecta of housekeeping's supply closet, the pop and ice machine, and a very active and noisy maintenance/staff stairwell. I was awoken shortly after 6:00am with all of the staff activity that carried on while housekeeping began work for the day. There was also a barking dog in the room either beside or below me, which was very annoying (and surprising). Needless to say, I was not well rested for the day ahead and the 7 hour drive home that evening due to the ongoing noise issues.

I did not complain about the issues with my stay this time given my previous experience with management where I have essentially been told 'sorry about your luck'; therefore, I opt to save my time and energy dealing directly with management if there is no remedy offered anyway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo