“Lunch with my kids ( March 16th 2013)” 4 of 5 bubbles

Coast Inn of the North
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada
“Lunch with my kids ( March 16th 2013)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our Hostesses name was Tina, she did a fabuilous job of serving us and making sure our needs and wants were met! Very nice to get great service, a few smiles and conversation. I would recommend, the coffee garden for good food and friendly efficient service. Thank you. J. Notman

Room Tip: We live in Prince George and thought we would visit the Coffee Garden for lunch. A very good experie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank inablink
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello and thank you for joining us in the Coffee Garden with you family this weekend! Tina is certainly a star and will be sure to pass along your kind accolades to her. You will also be happy to know that our Chef has created a new menu launching the end of this month- look forward to seeing you there!

Take care and thanks again.

J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not impressed with eliminating the dark roast coffee at the Coffee Garden....thank goodness the service continues to get a ten out of ten.
The parking is more than adequate although in the high snow season it sure would be nice if they could attempt to plough the parking lot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Hello and thank you for choosing the Coast Inn of the North. Napoli was certainly a great blend and appreciate your comments. To provide you with some background: Starbucks ( whom is the Torrefazione provider) has had a significant transition of customers from our Napoli to our Pisa blend in the past 9 months- such that due to the overall volume being roasted and packaged, Seattle has advised us of the discontinuation of the blend. Our company is in the process of finding a blend that will be very similar and comparable to what we currently service- hope this helps.
My leadership team and I certainly appreciate your comments as they allow us to improve our services.

Take care and see you soon

Fort St. James, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

When I checked in I was sent to a room on the second floor that was not made up(there was a maids cart parked inside also) so back I went with all my luggage to the front desk. Then I was sent to a different room on the third floor again dragging all my luggage and the key card didn't work so back to the desk I went. Finally on the third try they found me a room(and I had reservations made a week in advance) which was furthest from the elevators on the third floor when I had requested the closest to the main door but by then I was just happy to have a room. The parking lot was a mess of snow and frozen ice with potholes so large I could not drive my car through so I had to drive in reverse to get out without damaging my car. I complained at the front and she just laughed saying yes it was bad. Won't be staying here again, not worth the high price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 334steph
Hello and thank you for your comments. I am extremely embarrassed and sorry your experience was not what it should have been. It was disappointing for me and my leadership team to have clearly dropped the ball upon your arrival. I also truly appreciate the fact that you cared enough to let us know about your experience. We have made many changes to our Housekeeping procedures and will continue to improve upon them as we move forward- your comments help us achieve success.
Our team is addressing the clearing of the snow to eliminate these concerns and looking to have solutions and strategies to for our next snow fall.

Once again thank you for your post- I truly believe these comments help us achieve success.

Williams Lake, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Good service, comfortable room, nice pool, hot tub, & workout room. Good value. Nice restaurant & lounge bar on the main floor. Was brought FREE bottled water & chocolate in the evening.
Will stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the above-ground parkade were very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello and thank you for your post. It great to hear you enjoyed your stay and our restaurants. Nice to have train station in walking distance and perhaps next time your in PG our team can share the many more things to do around our area.

Take care and safe travels

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed in room 616. The room was rather large. Good heating and quiet room. Neither luxurious nor basic. The room had poor WIFI signal strength.
Breakfast was not included, however reception provided a $10 breakfast voucher to be used at 1 of the outlets in the lobby. I wish I had more to stay, but I was just overnighting in this town. I actually walked to the hotel from the train station. Ok, walk but a bit of an effort with snow on the roads and foot paths.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello and thank you for your post! I am pleased to hear your enjoyed your most recent stay with us. Our WIFI is currently being looked at by our proffessionals at Corporate Office and I believe they will soon make this more efficient for our guests- stay tuned!

Take care and thank you for your comments

Vientiane, Laos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night. We arrived mid-afternoon a d the rooms were ready with no delay. The desk staff were very service oriented and check in was smooth. The room was on the 8th floor, had a queen bed and work station. Overall, it was very clean and comfortable. The general decor in the hotel commo areas was a little tired but the room was fairly modern.

The restaurant was closed for the day as it was a statutory holiday but the desk staff made calls to find us a place for dinner.

We needed to use the business centre after check out and that was no problem.

Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hello and thank you for your post! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your mention of our great service................I will be sure to pass along to our team.

Take care and see you again very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The staff were very good to deal with always polite and respectful. I can't say enough about the place, I lived there for about 7 months while working in Prince George...... I never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hello and thank you for kind words. The team and I are pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay. I agree, our people always make our guests feel as they would their closest friends and family.

See you soon