I have stayed at the Sandman Signature in Prince George on two prior business trips without complaint. I was unimpressed this time. Not only is the pool still "broken" but there is a sign outside advertising Chops which doesn't exist. In my books that is false advertising on both counts since that pool has been "broken" for over six months. I learned on my first stay that the restaurant sucks, so I don't eat there. Aside from that, I was unimpressed with front desk in particular this trip.
I booked online and got a confirmation e-mail. Two days before my trip, I got a re-confirmation from Sandman reservations. I arrived at the hotel after a long day or flying and working to have the front desk tell me there was no reservation for me. I pulled up the reservation confirmation on my phone and she said maybe it was reserved at the other Sandman and proceeded to phone them even though I specifically said I reserved the Signature and I pointed to the hotel name in the confirmation e-mail. She told me the hotel name on the reservation was not their name because they are not the Sandman SIgnature Hotel & Suites. She still couldn't find the reservation and she said there were no Signature King Suites available for the night so she said she would upgrade me to the loft suite for the same price. I confirmed with her that the "upgrade" had the full kitchen just like the room I reserved and she said yes. Imagine my dismay when I discovered that the room had just a kitchenette and perhaps the worst room layout I have ever seen. A toilet on a different floor from the bed is not my idea of luxury. One closet to hang clothes - right at the door, rather than where the bed is and where one might get dressed. The room had a broken dresser handle too. I went down to the front desk to let them know I was not happy and asked to be moved. They said they could move me in the morning if I would pack and leave my bags at the front so that they could clean the room. No offer was made to reduce the room rate for the hotel's screw up - I paid $20 extra to have the full kitchen, so I'm unhappy about that. In the morning when I went to drop off my bags they told me there was a King Suite available and gave me keys so that I could go right in. This was at 7:15 in the morning - there are no housekeepers that are so good as to be able to clean a check out that early, so the only possible explanation is that the room was available and front desk just didn't try hard enough to find me what I reserved. The icing on the cake came this morning when I got an e-mail from Sandman reservations thanking me for reserving online and asking my opinion.
The experience has made me unlikely to book the Sandman again for my next trip. The rest of my experience was fine and the beds are really pretty comfortable..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish, intriguing and an entirely unique concept in modern elegance, Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel offers guests an impeccable hotel experience set in the heart of beautiful Interior BC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandman Signature Hotel And Suites Prince George
- Sandman Hotel Prince George