“Crap hotel for a new build” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel

Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
White Rock, Canada
“Crap hotel for a new build”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Poor construction can see in plain veiw cracks in the walls and floors. For an executive hotel it is poor. The bed is hard. Not a comfy place to stay.
If your looking for a new hotel treasure cove is excellent.

Room Tip: Go across the street to treasure cove
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Piper-travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Expensive for what you get. Can hear people in the hallway from inside your room (and not just them moving through the building but whole conversations as they pass). The drain in my shower did not work. Nothing like starting the day standing in 2 inches of your own dirty water. None of the power outlets in my room worked. First time in a Sandman Signature and most likely my last.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank garbeth77
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in their 1 bedroom kitchenette suites (had everything but an oven). Upon arrival had a few issues with the room cleanliness but staff came up right away to clean. Everyday after, the room was spotless (8 night stay). Staff were very friendly from the front desk, housekeeping right through to maintainance; always a smile & a hello/good morning. Although not right downtown, this location is perfect because the city is small enough to get around in. The hotel is only 2 years old so the decor & furniture are still in great condition. We would stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Look4-2
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We enjoyed most things about our stay. We arrived into PG around 7:30 in the morning so called to see if we could get an early check in. They told us we could check in at 1:00 so we went there then. We were told the room wasn't clean yet, that they'd get it done right away so come back in half an hour. It was ready when we went back. Some staff were nice, but others could be a little friendlier.... if you don't like your job, get another one. Our room was nice, but for being a new hotel there are many flaws. For the price we paid, it wasn't worth staying there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Speaking from experience staying at other hotels in Prince George, this property is by far better than anything else. Keep in mind that you're visiting a city with one of the highest crime rates in the country, and you're in the middle of no-where. Don't expect cheap, and don't expect a resort grade staff. Don't at all let these comments deter you from staying here though. The hotel is new modern and well maintained. Our room was clean and the bed was really comfy. The counters in our kitchen were a bit scratched up, but that was the only item that I could pick as a negative. The rooms are very spacious with a seperate bedroom, living room and kitchen. We. Really enjoyed the modern decore, high ceilings, and size of the suites. The staff were all pleasant to deal with. No one knocked my socks off, but everything was just very nice. At the hotel we hardly even felt like we were in Prince George :) compared to other properties in this city you will not find anything better.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lyeatman
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We decided to try this hotel. Even after some bad reviews. But the reviews are bang on.

Check in went smooth.

We went to our room and it was not that clean. Looked like mold in the bathroom shower. And there were hairs in the tub and the floor. Gross

But then it gets worse I go to dry my hands and the towel is dirty,like someone wiped the floor with it. And then as I am
Washing my hands the sink will not drain???

After that, I go to the room and my wife can't get the tv to work. I call the desk and they tell me that they can send some one up to fix it. I say ok. The person shows up. Fixes the remote. Ok great.

We then decide to go to dinner. But the towel from the bathroom is bugging me. I take it down to the front desk and show the lady at the desk. She tells me that she is sorry. And then ask me what I would like to have done???

Well after some talking we get upgraded to a different room. But as I say I would like to speak to the manager,she tells me he does not work weekends and that issues like this have happened before and that qoute ( he does not care about things like this) end qoute.

The next room we go to is cleaner but the counters are really badly stained and do not look good at all. Ohhhhh and he tv remote does not work. I give up.

Off to dinner at the Rockford. This is a nice looking resturant. And after a 8hr drive I want a nice meal. We order our meal my wife a burger and I order a chicken stir fry. I ask for no sprouts and now wasaby sauce. Meals get served,wife's is good mine needs to be sent back. Her burger is nothing fancy a frozen hamburger. Mine comes back and looks gross. All veggies are way over cooked and almost transparent. I go to eat it and it tast like a frozen dinner. 5 chicken chunks and over cooked veg.

I tell the server. She goes to get the manager. As I wait the couple behind us get up to leave and they stop to tell us there meal tasted and looked like what I was complaining about. Except there's was very salty. After they leave 2 guys that say down to order just got up and left.

After speaking to the manager they gave me my meek for free.

So all in all,save you money and find a different place to stay at and eat at.

Take note sandman hotels you are loosing ppl fast.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Fast0ne
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice spacious hotel room although the mattress was a bit soft for my liking. The staff were lovely & I felt sorry for them as there just weren't enough of them. We were lucky at checkin but there was a big queue behind us & only one member of staff working on the front desk. In the restaurant the lack of staff was even more apparent. We went early as we'd seen a coach party arrive but still had to wait a long time for food & drink. My meal was cold when it was served & had to be sent back. A one course meal took an hour & a half. Shame. Lovely hotel & staff let down by understaffing. Management take note!!

• Stayed August 2012