“OK but nothing special”

Travelodge Prince George Goldcap BC
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was old and tired in appearance. There was a slight smoky odor, also a moldy smell in bathroom. Rooms were large and clean (except for odors). Breakfast was good. We arrived with friends on a Sunday night. There were no open restaurants in the vicinity. We settled for pizza rather than going back to the restaurants along the highway. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night. We had gotten our room through the visitors centre who kindly booked it for us.
We had asked to be downtown close to restaurants and somewhere to have a drink. This hotel shares a parking lot with Shooters Bar and grill and served both our purposes.
I did ask at the desk upon arrival if there was a discount for AMA cardholders, I was told not at this time of year !!
The room was fair, clean and large enough. Our windows overlooked next door to the bar but we didn't have any problems with noise from the street.
The continental breakfast had lots to choose from.
Parking at the hotel itself is a nightmare, very limited spaces, was told we could park across the street.

1  Thank Scottishlass123
GMTL, General Manager at Travelodge Prince George Goldcap BC, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to review the Travelodge Prince George. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are currently working on some solutions to the parking. However parking is available across the street at Curtis Elite Security.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the weekend of June 21-22 to attend a wedding. The room was clean and was decent value for the price. The area however, is scary - we received death threats from a man who followed us from the White Spot back to the hotel in broad daylight. We thought he was going to pull a knife on us and kept telling us how close to death we were. Thank goodness we got back in the hotel before anything happened!
Since we drove up from Vancouver Island, I had brought a pillow from home that is a special memory foam pillow for a neck injury that I have. I accidentally left the pillow behind in my room and when I called to say this, I was informed that my personal item had been thrown out. This is very unprofessional and I am very disappointed as it is not just any normal pillow. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Travelodge Prince George. I would like to inform you that your pillow is at the hotel. If you call the hotel or email info@travelodgeprincegeorge.com we can make arrangements to send your pillow to you. When you called the hotel and spoke to whoever was on duty at the time there must have been some kind of miscommunication as your pillow is at the hotel. We have a very strict lost and found policies in place at the hotel. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience walking to and from White Spot, however I have lived in Prince George for 24 years and have never experienced anything like that.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked via Expedia and got a good price. The hotel room is quite dated but very cleaned. The Wi Fi was extremely slow so do not expect to log on. The breakfast was surprisingly good, bagels and toast, fruits, milk, juice, yogurt, cereals. The coffee was actually quite good.
There are limited parking stalls so just be aware.
It is not a fancy hotel but you get good value.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Travelodge was chosen because of 1)continental breakfast included, 2)no up front deposit, 3)no cancelation fee except one day in advance, 4) fridge, microwave, coffee maker, 5) very reasonable rate. We were pleasantly surprised with the amenities. The parking across the street was not a problem as it was the same lot used by a securitycompany so it was always monitored. Excellent selection for breakfast - worth at least $10 per person with juice, fruits, yogurt, cereals, bagels, muffins and of course coffee. Room was clean and fresh. Would highly recommend and would be great for a family with kids.

Room Tip: 3rd floor not by the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank quieteater
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Everything about this place is wonderful, for a budget hotel. Friendly staff, working guest laundry, rooms very clean and comfortable. Beds, linens, TV and refrigerator/microwave seemed quite new. The hotel itself is old, but we were not disturbed with any noise. The breakfast had hard boiled eggs, cereals, yogurt, juices and coffee, plus the usual bagels/toast/muffin selection. Also fresh fruit. More than enough to get us started. Two queen room was about $110 CDN including tax, which is not bad for British Columbia.

Room Tip: No pool...but the location is downtown, close to local recreation center. We didn't miss it.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times this year, for medical appointments. Check in has always been very easy and friendly. The rooms have always been clean and in good shape. Downtown Prince George is always a little interesting, but I am pleased to see that this motel has several security cameras and that the front desk is always staffed. I have a pet, still a puppy my first stay, and I know there is someone at the front desk at two or three AM. Breakfast has good choices with cereals, toast, bagels, yoghurt and boiled eggs, as well as good coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The breakfast room has a very hard working attendant keeping food stocked and keeping everything clean.
There is a White Spot and Tim Horton's within a block and you are about 3 blocks away from The Keg.
This motel is not fancy, but the beds are good, it is quiet and it is a good place,to stay. I know I will be staying here again.

Stayed: May 2013