We stayed here 1 night as a place to sleep on the way up to Alaska and 2 nights on the way back so that we could see some of Prince George. Unfortunately, the day we stayed on the way back was a major provincial holiday so almost everything in town was closed but that was not the fault of the motel.
In the states, Travel Lodges have a reputation for being cheap and not a place that you would want to stay. The external appearance of this place made me worry that I had reserved a room at a place I would regret.
However, the room was large, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was very good and the people at the desk were helpful when needed. There was also a laundry facility on the premises. If you are away from home for an extended period, getting laundry done can be a major issue.
If you do stay there, check out the coffee machine in the breakfast room. It is automated, like nothing I have ever seen anywhere, brews each cup individually to tate, and I want one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three-story hotel located in the heart of downtown Prince George British Columbia, 6 blocks from train station & 10 miles from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Travelodge Prince George Goldcap BC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Prince George Hotel Prince George
- Travel Lodge Prince George
- Prince George Travel Lodge
- Prince George Travelodge