See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 25, 2015

Stayed at the Spruceland Inn in Q1 2015. Wasn't expecting a paradise, but I was expecting at least being clean and maintained. It's obvious though that the owners are content with putting absolute minimum maintenance and upkeep into this property.

As my attached photos show, the flooring was in awful condition with numerous stains and burn marks. There was some (thankfully) unidentifiable brown residue on the wall behind the door, which was just nasty.

The bathroom was fairly clean (although the toilet ran continually unless you jiggled the handle), and I kept one of the soap bars because I figured it was abrasive enough to remove rust from steel should I need to refinish my car.

The kitchenette was fairly clean, and though hard, with paper thin sheets, the bed seemed clean. Wifi in my room was slow to non-existent (Shaw Open). Thank goodness for cellular tethering. Light outside the room on the walkway shone like a beacon at night, and provided ample illumination through the window above the door to light the room and make sleeping difficult.

At least they had a TV in the laundry room so I could distract myself during a laundry run.

It was amusing that their pool (which was still visible on their sign), has been permanently filled-in, and had vinyl flooring installed overtop to turn it into a meeting room. Guess it's less maintenance that way...

Room Tip: I guess you could stay on the top floor so you don't get as much vehicle/room noise. There are not any really good rooms though...
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2015 via mobile

Do not stay there horrible conditions dirty found a condom rapper between are blankets one time another time my dog had something in his mouth was a big bloody band aid another time big wet pee stain in the middle of the floor as we walk in needless to say we will never go back talked to the owner twice said nothing one time we asked them to go back and clean our room again

Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Grant B
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Have stayed here a few times. Staff was friendly.
The place is outdated and well past a tired state. Stepping into the room was like traveling back to the 70's. Time to shut it down for a while and RENOVATE !!!
Not 100% sure what they use to deodorize the rooms but it is over powering....clean but overpowering.
This place is bare bones basic for the budget minded. Search around the area, you will find newer, updated accommodations for around the same price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night in October.
The furniture was outdated, the walls a little thin and the mattress was on the hard side but the room was clean and spacious.
The heater seemed to kick on even though I had turned it off and kept the room rather hot.
Acceptable for a quick overnight stop.
You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 17, 2013

If your travel style is like mine, Just give me a clean room for cheap with self-service options (fridge, microwave oven). This is it.
If you are looking for build in restaurant with room service, and bellman…..u shouldn't be looking at motels anyways… right?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family