“Didn't live up to the reviews”

Canadas Best Value Inn Prince George
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was my first time staying here and did so based on the reviews I read. Was staying 2 nights, the first night I was placed in a room that backed onto the busy street side and there was an annoying noise every 15 minutes. Asked to change rooms, but the hotel was full, so couldn't change - the next day asked for a room change with another desk clerk to which he responded "oh yeah the fridge is acting up in that unit" - would have been nice to know. The second night didn't get any sleep as the walls were paper thin and we had a very upset baby next to us - can't do anything about that but have learned a valuable lesson and will pay more for better sound control from now on.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jopo52
cbviprincegeorge, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your comments. We work hard and it is our intention to provide you with the cleanest and most comfortable experience possible while staying at our Inn. We apologize for the inconvenience and the less than satisfying conditions you describe in your posting and we take it very seriously. We are looking at options which we may take to alleviate the problems you describe so that we may better serve you in the future. We appreciate your business and hope you will come back and give us another try in the future.

There are newer reviews for Canadas Best Value Inn Prince George

Reviewed May 25, 2014

The last time we were here I couldn't say enough good about this hotel. This time however...the price seemed to be higher for the same type of room, we asked for an ironing board and was told to come down yo the office and get it ourselves, and we got put on around back with the crews and the drunks. Last night we watched a group smoke pot outside our door and tonight I am laying awake as 1 pukes on my car. Not such Great Value this trip.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I appreciate hearing back from our guests and I also appreciate hearing about a problem when it occurs so that we have the opportunity to resolve it. I have reviewed your comments with our night staff. We will be on the look out for misconduct on our property at night. I'm sorry we could not match the level of service we provided with you last time. We hope you will come back and give us another try in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Although the motel may be a bit dated, the room is spacious, with several sitting areas for eating or working. We were traveling with a large truck and large trailer and had to park on the road. We were a bit nervous about not being able to see our vehicle, but we had no problems. The kitchenette has a counter, refrigerator, sink, microwave, and coffee maker. The accommodations were comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2014

You know how you get that feeling if it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is? Well not so with this motel! When we arrived at our motel I was impressed at how new it was, and the cleanliness of the parking lot. Checking in went without a hitch, and the front desk was cheery and friendly. We got into our room and were immediately relieved to see how spotless everything was. The bed was oh so comfy after a 9 & 1/2 hour trip and our room was relatively quiet. E room was equipped with a small fridge and coffee maker, but we were disappointed there was no microwave, but it did not distract from our stay. Housekeeping was accommodating and asked how the room was. The carpet had been freshly shampooed that morning and the room had a fresh, clean scent. I did not like the black out curtains, but we are used to this, so we travel with a dark coloured duvet cover, which fits over most window spaces and we hang it over the curtain rod, and it becomes our black out curtain. The heater was a little noisy, but was not as bad as some. Overall, our stay was very enjoyable and on future out of town trips I will look for a Canada's Best Value Inn before booking.

Room Tip: My only tip would be to pack a dark sheet to hang over window if you like darkness to sleep in.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maitiemouse
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I make this my base whenever I'm in Prince George. I have always found the rooms to be clean, the staff friendly and accommodating. Although the motel is located right next to the main highway, there was never a problem with noise. A great value for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
cbviprincegeorge, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your review and comments. We try our very best to be a good value and maintain clean, comfortable rooms for our guests. Thank you for continuing to stay with us!

Mike.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have stayed here many times when passing through or on business. Motel is clean and safe, my two must haves. Location is convenient and easy to find with friendly staff. Several restaurants with in walking distance. A great value for the price. Join their Value Club online and receive an additional 15% off.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your review and comments. A clean and safe motel are also my two must haves when I travel! Our motel is conveniently located for travelers on Hwy 97. There are several good restaurants nearby and good access from the highway. We hope you continue to stay with us!

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, fairly large but plain. Kitchen area with sink, fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Very little counter space in the bathroom but a few other tables/surfaces around and quite a few mirrors. Bright lighting but it needs a few minutes to get bright.
Complaints: I can describe the neighbours phone calls in great detail because I could hear their conversations very clearly (he stayed at the hotel but spoke with her on speakerphone twice a day).
Compliments: great, friendly and accommodating staff. I would stay again and ask if there's a unit available with no neighbour.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Lisa F
cbviprincegeorge, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Lisa F;

Thank you for taking the time to bring to our attention the issue of sound carrying. We know there is an issue and have been working on fixing the problem. We are pleased to hear that you will be staying with us on your next visit to Prince George. When you book your next stay let the Front Desk know your requests and we will accommodate you. Thank you.