If you are planning to drive between Jasper and Prince Rupert, and overnight in Prince George, the Best Western City Centre is an OK place to stay.
The advantages of the hotel:
1. The hotel is right on the Yellowhead Highway. You are probably three - five minutes from the eastern edge of town - going southwest, it's a bit more as you pass through the congestion at the intersection of 16 and 97 and the College Heights commercial area.
2. The rooms are clean.
3. There is an in room refrigerator and microwave.
4. The front desk is courteous - they actually called us to see if our room was OK.
5. The hotel pillows are the best hotel pillows I've ever had - honestly. If I had not had a 650 kilometre drive ahead of me, I would have slept in a lot longer to enjoy them.
6. There appears to be free high speed internet. At least, I found a wireless network to access at no cost.
1. The physical appearance of the hotel is offputting. It appears to be stuck in the 1960's.
2. Many of the parking spots are out of eyesight of the hotel office or rooms.
3. There is no restaurant or continental breakfast. There is a Tim Horton's and a White Spot across the way, and a restaurant adjacent to the hotel, but on Sunday mornings, at least, that restaurant does not open until 8:00 am. However, as I noted there is a refrigerator in the room. So, we went to the Save On Foods supermarket two blocks away and got food for an in room breakfast.
4. The bathroom and room itself are small.
5. The room is air conditioned. The wall fan is effective but a bit noisy. I dubbed the two fan speeds as hurricane force and tropical storm force. With the fan on, outside noise will not be a problem.
6. If you have a room on the second floor, the steps are an adventure. At the east end, there is a half step at the bottom that can really mess you up if you are not careful, and the north steps on the west end have one loose step. I'd recommend you ask for a room on the ground floor.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Riviera City Centre Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Prince George
- Prince George Best Western