“Ok if you like concrete slabs for a matress.”
Review of Carmel Inn

Carmel Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
“Ok if you like concrete slabs for a matress.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The overall experience at Carmel was great, room was immaculately clean, service from the staff was exceptional. The $300 deposit was not worthy of the room however, the actual price of the room itself wasnt too bad. I would not stay here again only for the fact that the bed was so hard I may as well have slept outside on the sidewalk.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at Carmel on Dec 19th 2012. The room, although small with 1 Queen bed, was very very clean, had a little stove, fridge and microwave and was very comfortable. My neighbours unfortunately liked to party and the front desk responded to my 2:00 am call quickly and tried several times to reduce the noise. I didn't mention anything to the front desk upon departure, but upon reviewing my visa, the motel had credited back the room cost - full amount. When I called the motel to find out why there was a credit, they knew exactly what had occured and apologized several times for the noise.

I will definately go back. Good value, nice rooms and great people operating this motel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CindyA2009
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Carmel this past week and was very happy! This was my first visit to Prince George and on the drive to the hotel I was getting a little concerned. Luckily all my concerns vanished when I checked in. The front desk staff was consistently helpful, even providing plastic cutlery so I could have breakfast in my room. My room was very clean, the queen sized bed was comfy and I loved having the little kitchenette.

Although a travelling companion in a neighbouring room found the hotel had thin walls and it was noisy, I personally thought it was rather quiet for being right off the highway. Check in and out was quick and easy as well.

The nearby Carmel restaurant was a bust though, overpriced and the food was pretty bad. Best off to walk a bit further down the road to Than Vu and get some tasty Vietnamese food. Also it was a $8 cab ride to get to a complex with Superstore/Tim Hortons/Liquor Store/Steakhouse so that didn't break the bank.

Should I ever have reason to return to Prince George, I think the Carmel will be top of my list for places to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bellis_coldwine
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2012

When I reserved our room I made a point of REPEATING the reservation to the person on the phone to make sure she got the information correct......as a habit I do this with every reservation that I make over the phone. When we checked in on the evening of our reservation we were NOT given the type of room that I requested, even though I REPEATED the info when making the reservation. The young man at the desk was friendly, and there was a line up behind me so I didn't make an issue of it as we were exhausted from travelling. So we ended up with a TINY room with two double beds that looks like it had some reno's done but the smell of cleaning solution was overpowering. Again, travelling with kids, I was to tired to complain and I did not want to take it out on the friendly young man working the desk. The air conditioning was VERY loud and did not put out much cold air, they should be replaced. I would probably not stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

No reason to look any further! This motor in is very convenient to Highway 97 (if you are heading south, you go past the casino and make a u-turn to head north). The rooms have been recently renovated (except for the kitchenette and air conditioner, but why fix what isn't broken). Even though I would never normally stay in a smoking room, I did stay in one as it was recently done and hadn't been smoked in (or at least very few times). The restaurant adjoining the motor inn has good food. Prime Rib buffet on Saturday night for $18.95! Good breakfasts as well. All in all, a decent overnight stay. Next time I am going through Prince George, I'll be sure to book in here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Catsitter
Vancouver
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Good:

Right off the highway
Easy access to rooms
Good parking
Strong wireless
Several restaurants within 200m
Front desk staff are friendly and accomodating

Comment: Many crews use this hotel, they can be noisy at times.

The Bad:

Very old - everything is worn out, even the coffee makers...
Highway noise at the front part of the property

Room Tip: Try to stay on the second floor and closer to the back to avoid noise
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank drknows
prince George
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The front desk staff were excellent, fast, friendly. I got one of the renovated rooms and there was nothing the matter with it. Total little kitchen unit, new flat panel tv, new everything really. The only thing, as a basic hotel, very limited soap, hair shampoo in tear packages, so bring your own.They have an excellent wireless system for internet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business