“Excllent food and very good sercive.......”
Review of White Goose Bistro

White Goose Bistro
Ranked #8 of 233 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Port Angeles, Washington
“Excllent food and very good sercive.......”
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We ordered the fixed price five meal-chef's choice. We were able to choose vegetarian or meat as the main entree. Wine suggestions were excellent. We would definitely eat here grin.

Prince George, Canada
“i did not think you could get food like this in p.g!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

i went for dinner the other night to the white goose bistro and had the tasting menu. i have never been so pleased with a resturant in my life!!! the menu is a total suprise that is half the fun and the other half is the taste. the food is out of this world you can taste the freshness and the presentation is incredible. i would and will recommend this resturant to everone i know!!!

Prince George, Canada
“excellent deserts when they have the one that you want.”
Reviewed May 28, 2010

They need their old menu. need for a few basic meal items. We often come in with small children and these basic items would be greatly appreciated.
We have almost always been very impressed with the food and service.

Prince George, BC
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I had heard good things about this restaurant, including the reviews on this site -- perhaps my husband and I caught it on an off night. We went there for our 20th anniversary dinner, hoping for a special experience, but it was not to be:
-- Dirty napkin at my place setting (however, it was cheerfully replaced --service throughout was enthusiastic though somewhat unpolished -- e.g., steak knife placed on the wrong side)
— No bread (warm or otherwise) on the table, as one would expect
— My husband’s steak (ordered medium rare) came medium well. On the plus side, the 8 oz size was not available, so they brought two six-ouncers.
— I ordered halbut, but when it arrived, it seemed to be some other fish. I love halibut and have eaten it all over BC, but this fish had large, slippery firm flakes, brownish colour in places, and lacked halbut’s finely-textured, almost fluffy white flesh and delicate flavour. Was it cod? Snapper? I don’t eat them often enough to be able to tell -- I’m a halibut girl.
-- The mixed grilled vegetables were acceptable, except for some very tough string beans

Perhaps we should have complained and given the White Goose a chance to fix things, but it was our anniversary and we wanted to have a pleasant evening. On a work night, we also didn’t want to wait while they re-cooked everything. Sigh. We will be heading out somewhere else this weekend for a *real* anniversary dinner.

Given the great reviews on this site and the good reputation it has in Prince George, I would be willing to cautiously give the White Goose another chance, perhaps for lunch, but I would not risk an important dinner there again.

1 Thank MissGelic
Victoria BC
“Wow”
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Excellent Italian cuisine from a highly creative and skilled chef.
The man is a real artist. All of the pasta is fresh and home-made, of course.
Prince George is a beer, lunchbucket and bowling ball town; they are lucky to
have a place of this calibre. It's as good as anything I've had in Italy.
The ambience is very agreeable & the fairly extensive wine list is reasonably priced. Bravo!