“Best Restaurant in Prince George”
Review of White Goose Bistro

White Goose Bistro
Ranked #5 of 234 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

To quote Yoda, “blown your mind would be.” Given my last update, this should’ve been as obvious as the needle in Philip Seymour Hoffman’s arm (too soon?). All callousness aside, White Goose Bistro has always remained my favorite restaurant in town, though not as I’ve admitted my most frequented location. Its distance from my house coupled with my obligations to my reviews has prevented regularity. When accommodating visitors, White Goose is the first place mentioned, the first visited, and the one I prefer during celebration. Already my yearly birthday tradition, I plan on eventually calling on it for Mother’s Days, Easter, Thanksgiving, Earth Day, Palm Sunday, Ramadan and, what the hell, let’s include Kwanza and Arbor Day. White Goose Bistro is the place one looks to if they’re a foodie, a true foodie. Boston Pizza be damned, I embrace the title, and no other restaurant relishes in satisfying one’s curiosity more. It’s also the only restaurant in town with a chef’s menu—an actual tasting menu—where you’re up to the chef’s whims that day. If food can be considered art then what White Goose Bistro brings to the table is truly worthy of framing, at least more than Warhol’s stupid Campbell’s Soup can. The common question asked, one repeated with my recent CBC interview, was can restaurants in Prince George be measured against the best in larger cities like Vancouver or Calgary. Even if I could mention more than one as proof, I would probably still mention only one. White Goose Bistro. We have other places, amazing locations worthy of recommendation, more than enough to justify my argument that we can ask for more and do indeed get it, but simple questions often require simple answers and mine only has three words. The best restaurant in Prince George, White Goose Bistro.

There are newer reviews for White Goose Bistro

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Spent valentines dinner at the white goose. The 5 course was delightful and with the wine pairings it was over the moon

I recommend this to everyone

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Somewhat disappointing ambience and table arrangements. Bench seat for my wife :( Good service. My wife had a terrific sea food combo. Best scallops I have ever tasted. The beef dip was rather too spicy for me. Good coffee.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We had a very nice lunch here while traveling home from a family visit over the holidays. They had a great menu, but we ordered off the "10 lunches under $10 in under 10 minutes" menu. Food came out very quickly and was presented nicely. Great taste and friendly service.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We dine at this place on a regular basis. The food is fantastic and the service perfect. Lunch is quick and tasty and dinner is very fine dining. Looking forward to my first go of the 5 course menu option