“good food and nice service”
Review of White Goose Bistro

White Goose Bistro
Ranked #5 of 236 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had lunch here and the service was very good and the food was good too. We had spinach salad with tomato soup and both were terrific. Looking around at what others ordered - everythingj looked really good. Lots of healthy choices.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were really impressed by the food, menu choices, wine list and service. An excellent chef in an unexpected place.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My son and his bride chose the White Goose for their dinner reception after their recent wedding. When we arrived we were seating in an upper level area, which was a little stuffy and warm for such a large gathering and a couple guests had a hard time sitting still. The waiter we had was very accommodating however and when we asked if we could be moved to the patio outdoors, he had us moved within minutes. This of course did inconvenience the restaurant and I was very pleased with how it was handled for us.

Drink orders taken, and meals placed we settled in for what was a very nice dinner. My hubby had the ribs and he said they were quite nice, I chose the lobster ravioli and it was tasty, but as I waited to eat until all the plates were served it was a little on the lukewarm side only, but I was encouraged to start eating earlier so it was my own fault. My son chose risotto and said it was very good and he cleaned up, my other son (the groom) had the duck confit and there was nothing left for the dog so I knew he was very pleased with his selection as well. The waiter handled himself very well with the group of 16 and was quite attentive, but not over-bearing and after dinner he gave me a bear hug when I thanked him for his great service and the warm reception we had despite our initial discomfort with the heat. We were impressed with the prices as well. Not one of the Price Gougers that PG has and it was a nice evening enjoyed by all. We will definitely return to the White Goose for dinner next time we visit the area.

1  Thank maitiemouse
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Not only is this a wonderful place for a quick lunch during the rush at noon but also a very pleasant location for a quiet evening meal.
I wish they would change their coffee supplier but otherwise the meals are very enjoyable.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I found the food quite good here. I wouldn't call it "fine dining", but the presentation is nice and the flavours were good as well. I went on an anniversary date here with my husband, and we were not disappointed. The vegetables were fresh and cooked perfectly, I had the chicken, it was tender and full of flavor and my husband said his steak was exactly how he likes it. I would recommend this place for a romantic night out, but it is pricey so make sure your wallet is full!

1  Thank Natacha B