“A hidden gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Norton North Ranch Cottages
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

I loved this gem of a place, Dagmar and William the hosts were gracious and helpful and fun. There was everything we needed in the cottage, full kitchen, utensils, pots, tea, coffee, nothing was left out, even umbrella and irons were thought of. An idyllic spot, it will be hard going back to a hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

The two of us and our little dog booked in for 2 weeks in the Cowboy Cabin "The Livery" from July 1st. Unfortunately we had to leave 2 days early due to weather nearer home. We all absolutely loved our stay, especially Wookie who got to go off-leash for the first time and made new friends of Diego and Junior, the resident dogs. Dagmar is a superb hostess and she and William made us feel very welcome. The place was very clean and well-equipped with a lot of little extras that made the visit special. We especially enjoyed the home-made cinnamon buns and wonderful "Sunday treats". The kitchenette in the Livery was fine for the two of us but might be a problem for a larger group or a family who like to prepare substantial meals. For them, the "Little Muddy" would likely be more appropriate. If you really want to spoil yourself, check out the "Old Logbarn" which has everything you could want (including a washer & dryer, full stove, and full-size fridge!). The cabins are set well apart and all give lots of privacy. The walking trails are great, whether just for peace & quiet or for exercise. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Cooking facilities will probably be the deciding factor. Read the descriptions of the cabins careful...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank keeshasmum
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

When I found the North Norton Ranch on Trip Advisor I was sure this was the place for me. But when I went to Dagmar's website I knew it was. I emailed her right away and she wrote me back just as fast. We booked the Corral Cottage, we had Two adults, three kids, a dog & a cat. When we pulled into the Ranch Dagmar came out and make us feel so much at home, we even had fresh pie & german beer waiting for us. I can't tell you how much we appreciated her kindness, We had a very bad experience with a hotel in another town, so this was a breath of fresh air. The cottages were clean, quiet and comfortable. We only stayed on night and didn't want to leave, next time we come here we will be staying long ! Thanks Dagmar & North Norton Ranch!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank airborneswife
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

The week of May 2nd, I had occasion to work in Prince George. Because Norton Ranch is pet friendly, I was able to book one of their lovely cottages for myself and my dog Rosie. The amenities, privacy and beauty were all beyond expected. I was able to leave my dog at the ranch while I worked, as Dagmar included her in several walks a day with her own, Dagmar also cooked a delicious, multi-course meal for myself and guests at a very reasonable cost, which allowed me to socialize with ease. The week's experience at Norton Ranch made for my best visit to Prince George ever. Should I be required to return, I will unhesitatingly choose the Ranch.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank walkerlaw
Hudson's Hope, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

A fantastic little gem. Peace and tranquility only 30 minutes from all the shopping and activity in Prince George. Dagmar's attention to detail is a rare find, from our name on the door to the doggie treats. The cottage was very elegant but cozy with all the amenities you could possibly require and more. I cannot wait to return!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank OlgaSchulenburg
firstclasscottages, Owner at Norton North Ranch Cottages, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
thank you soooo much ! fantastic photos. We love the Champagne glass on the fence post. It's proven again, we get rewarded with the nicest guests. Fritz misses Erica. Diego misses running with Isabelle. Hope to see you soon again, Warm Regards from the entire Norton Ranch lifestock :-)
Vancouver/UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

My father and I were only passing through and spent just one night. On our 2 week trip the accommodation, albeit unique and quirky, was by far the best and Dagmar went out of her way to look after us. We stayed in the more basic cowboy cabin and it was great, I can only imagine how fancy the Corral cottage is. A great find, especially if you like the wilderness, horses, great service and something a little different.

• Stayed May 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AndrewLawrence
Pembroke, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

we looked for a place for eight of us because of a hockey . I would along we the other 7 really recomend this place. It is so quiet the hospatality is great and they treated us like kings.They couldn't do enough for us. The rooms where very clean. The only thing that we regret is that is so far from where we live or we would be there every year just to visit as a group. We all said that it was very nice and everyone else that visit us from the team all wished they could of stayed there.Highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2007