“A must visit in Penticton”
Review of Il Vecchio's

Il Vecchio's
Ranked #17 of 198 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed July 13, 2011

A great place to grab lunch for the beach or a quick sandwich. Il Vecchio's was a regualar lunch spot for me when I lived in Penticton and now I make sure to stop in for a Turkey, Cappicola & Havarti with all the fixings every time I'm in town.

Like the other posters said, worth the line-up!

Reviewed July 11, 2011

When we lived in Penticton we were one of Val's first customers and sandwiches from Il Vecchio's was a weekly habit for many years. We say our sons grew up on Il Vecchio sandwiches (healthy diet of real mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, meats, cheeses, pickles, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, eggplant - pretty healthy if you ask me!). The day we left Penticton we cycled away with panniers full of sandwiches and tiramisu. Now, living miles away, we always make Val's the first and last stop (yup, twice in one visit) when we visit Penticton. Val is a Penticton icon.

All the reviews here will describe the entertaining experience, the delicious tastes, the guilt-free addiction, the deli ambiance, the brown paper packaging...the unique Il Vecchio.

When you see the shorter older white haired lady amongst the organized mayhem of sandwich makers, say hi to Val. Consider yourself fortunate to know her. You are what keeps her going as the Energizer Sandwich Lady.

Happy 15th Anniversary of Il Vecchio this week, Val, with lots of love from you know who.
xoxo

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I've been coming to Il Vecchio since 1998 when it first opened... Back in those days you could walk in and order with a single minute wait... I might have been the only customer on some days...

Nowadays, the line-ups are long, but worthwhile (It helps that I sometimes get sneaked to the front). While I live far away now, every time I go back to visit family and friends, il vecchio is on my list of things to do.

The sandwiches that they make are very good and fresh. The meat and cheeses choices are great and for the price, there is no reason to grab a sandwich anywhere else... It's cheaper than McDonalds.

Find it behind the Greyhound depot... It is a tucked away Penticton Gem.

My favourite sandwich:

Marinated Artichoke
Spicy Eggplant

1  Thank Aaron J
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The sandwiches are big, fresh and not expensive and great for lunch on the go. It's always packed in there and looks like organized chaos but your food comes fast. As for the home made tiramisu, it is probably the best I've ever tasted. Just try to only eat half of one- it's impossible! Get there early because they always seem to sell out of these... they are about $5 a piece and the real deal.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

I am a big believer in simple is best and this place makes simply the best simple sandwich. Another reviewer noted that this place is more a grocery/ deli and that is kind of important. Don't go there expecting to sit and soak up the ambience of the room.

The bread on the sandwiches is great, crusty, fluffy Kaiser rolls, you get your choice of 2 or 4 kinds of meats and a cheese as well as the various fillers. Despite my best intentions, I have never made it to the top of Vancouver Hill without opening the butcher paper and sneaking a small bite (which then inevitably turns out to eating the whole thing before I get home).

I would call it the best value for a simple lunch (that I have tried) in Penticton.

MOreover, if you are lookign for good value in excellent quality Modena balsamic vinegars and other speciality items, this is the place to go.

1  Thank gummy01