“Vanilla Pod continues to perform above expectations”

The Vanilla Pod Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 199 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: At The Vanilla Pod restaurant, our cuisine style is focussed on local and seasonal ingredients with an underlying emphasis on flavour. Key ingredients include fresh herbs which in the summer months are picked from the herb garden next to the restaurant.Tapas style dishes of international and mediterranean flavours combined with fresh Okanagan ingredients make for a delightful exploration of contemporary cuisine. Visual presentation is as important as innovation in flavour with judicious use of spices and other seasonings being central to the dishes created by Executive Chef Bruno Terroso.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Vanilla Pod has been in its new location for a couple seasons now and continues to excel at bringing the Okanagan dining experience to the tables of its many happy customers.

The parking lot always indicates a steady flow of the faithful so we waited until a lull in the traffic suggested we wouldn't be competing with visitors for a table.

As usual, everything was excellent. Cheerful, attentive service, bold and locally-sourced and inspired cuisine and the location - dominated by the stunning panorama in a room and deck that is at once understated and serene.

Loved the chick pea salad, the mushroom flatbread and open-faced bacon and brie sandwich with heirloom tomatoes.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My boyfriend and i had lunch here with 3 other girls while we were doing a winery tour. The views are amazing, and the food was very good, however we had a very pretentious male waiter who seemed to look down on us the moment we walked in. If you are a younger individual or couple I would avoid this as they seem to have geared their demographic to older clientele. This also applies to the winery as well.

We could not get separate bills (restaurant policy), so no big deal, my boyfriend and i paid our share and the girls paid theirs. However, after my boyfriend paid using his MC, the waiter brought the receipt over to him, pointed at the tip and asked if that was the correct amount! He thought we were paying too little because the other girls had included the tip in their total, whereas we did it separately. I couldn't believe someone would actually ask if we tipped too little! Which we didn't, 20% is pretty standard...

If you want good food with poor service this is your place. Better places to spend your time and hard earned money.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I ate at the Vanilla Pod twice in 8 days. My first meal was memorable and I would have easily given it a 5 but before I got to my review I returned and things were terrible. I recommended this restaurant to my foodie visitors because of the great meal I had just had, but I wish I hadn't. I was embarrassed as it was because of my recommendation we had this awful meal. Our waiter was horrible, inattentive and just plain bad. The food was also horrible, my lamb was overcooked, the paella was tasteless and the bread pudding was hard as rocks. The only good thing during our meal was the flatbread. These were all things I had tried only 8 days earlier and they were great then. What went wrong? I don't know. How can a restaurant serve such a good meal one day and then totally disappoint the next. Our waitress the week earlier was fantastic, our waiter on this night was so bad it was laughable. I was so disappointed I told the assistant manager my feelings but I felt there was a real lack of caring about whether we enjoyed our meal or not, which made the experience even worse. I don't know if I will risk going back again, it was just that bad. The only hope is that my memory of the bad meal fades faster then my memory of the good one.

3  Thank MoaGoGo
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to this winery on the way into Naramata and the location was spectacular. The building itself was beautiful, the wines were delicious, and the restaurant looked fantastic. So we ate their during our stay and had great service, wonderful food, and deliciously paired wine. We sat inside as the patio was in the direct sun. A later start would have made the patio a preferred choice.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a great spot to enjoy some tremendous Okanagan wine while gazing at the lake. Food is outstanding!