“Terrible dinner”
Review of Theo's Restaurant

Theo's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 208 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Next time your journey takes you through the beautiful Okanagan Valley in Southern British Columbia, step off Penticton's Main Street and into a world of Greek enchantment, beauty, and outstanding flavours at Theo's Restaurant. Enjoy authentic baklava, souvlaki, lamb and more Mediterranean inspired cuisine.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had dinner at Theos after making reservations and being totally excited about the hype on how good it was. The waitress was awesome as well as the service she provided, however the food was well below satisfactory. The mixed appetizer platter tasted awful and the entree came while we were still (trying) to eat the appetizer. Our entrees were flavourless and only lukewarm. This could have been because we are vegetarian and only have limited choices.

NikosTheodosakis, Owner at Theo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Hi, thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your server and had awesome service, though as you mentioned, I would agree that the main course should have come after you finished your appetizers, as part of our philosophy is to provide a relaxed, non-rushed setting for dinning.

We usually have great feedback on our dishes, including our vegetarian menu items, so I apologize that they were not up to their excellent standards. I would love to find out what exactly you had ordered that night so that my team and I can look at this further, as we are recognize we are always learning how to improve our restaurant. Even though we have been open for 37 years, and despite all best intentions, I recognize mistakes happen, and that you did not receive the evening that we would have loved for you to enjoy.

I would appreciate the opportunity to take care of you dinner for that night, and to hear more about the details of the meals you received, please contact me at my personal email - Nikos at eatsquid.com at your convenience.

Nikos Theodosakis
Owner / Theo's Restaurant

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We'd had a lovely dinner at Theo's about 10 years ago so were eager to go back this week. It was a Wednesday night, we were early and were fortunate to get a cozy table by the fireplace. We shared a bottle of cab and an appetizer. I struggled to choose between Greek salad and roasted beet salad. I chose the latter and it's entirely possible nearby diners could hearing me moaning...it was that good! I was still talking about it the next day so we went back that night and I fully intended to order the Greek salad...alas, so much for intentions. I didn't even know I liked beets...but I loved that salad! The setting, the presentation, the food...all together, wonderful! Highly recommend!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Very busy - queuing at the door - despite having booked.
Good food, I had lamb and couldn't fault it.
Because of how busy it was it felt a bit cramped/crowded, but would certainly be happy to visit again

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great food. The roasted beet salad was wonderful Great service. Great wine, nice choices from the area with a good suggestion from our waitress. Great atmosphere, open indoor courtyard. What more can I say!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went to Theo's at a very busy time - a weekend evening during the Okanagan Fall Wine Festival. We and six friends came because we had heard about Theo's on the CBC (Canada's equivalent of NPR). It's a traditional family restaurant with a long history as one of the very best ethnic restaurants in the Okanagan. We had an outstanding experience, so good that two of our party went into the kitchen to congratulate the staff. The quality of the meals (absolutely authentic Greek cuisine, according to one of our experts) and the service were both exceptional. The only negatives (and I had to think hard to identify them) were that two of the threes wines we ordered were out of stock (the wine list is apparently changing over) and the quantities were so large that none of us had room for the delicious desserts that we saw go by. With wine and appetizers, the cost of the meal was well under $100 a couple. DO go to Theo's if you're hungry for great Greek food in a fun atmosphere at a reasonable price. If it's modern decor you value most, go to a family chain restaurant. Theo's isn't your cup of tea.