“Nice people, nice setup inside” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Theo's Restaurant

Theo's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 190 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Theo's is a family run Greek restaurant which opened in 1976. We use fresh produce from our garden when available and work with our local farmers and suppliers in the Okanagan valley to provide a menu which is both rooted in Greek village cooking and inspired by Okanagan ingredients.
Edmonton, Canada
“Nice people, nice setup inside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I really like Greek so when visiting friends this summer we stopped at this popular Penticton resto for lunch. It's a really nice venue with lots of plants and family memorabilia. I had Spanakopita and Greek salad. My wife had Dolmates. Our friends had soup and chicken Souvlaki. We all thought the food was very good. My only knock is that my Spana was quite greasy. Friendly attentive service and the prices are very reasonable. I would definitely go again.

• Visited June 2013

Oliver, Canada
“always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I love Greek food I worked in a Greek restaurant so I know my Greek food. The nice thing about this place is no matter how busy they get. the staff are always great and the food is always amazing. I love the atmosphere...I have only one complaint. the bathroom is in the basement, My mother has a walker and she can not get down the stairs to use the wash room, she loves the food there but....can not get to the washroom. Oh please do fix this problem. the okanagan is full of older people...I know more people must have this problem.
But your food and service is wonderful like I said just that one problem.

• Visited March 2013
Tecumseh, Canada
“They say that this is the place to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

But, they are sometimes wrong. Everyone told us, even in the valley, that this was the place to eat. So, one night, seven of us ventured out for a Greek Feast. The place is packed, as one would expect from the "best place in town", so we felt luck to get a really good seat. Drinks were ordered and then we settled in.

How can you go wrong with salad and flaming cheese. So far, so good.

For the seven of us, with seven different entrée selections, to remark that the meals were sub-par has to account for something. The food was either bland, over cooked (as mine was), under cooked, or cold.

Still, they must be doing something right because the place is packed every night. Hopefully, we must have hit it on the Executive Chef's night off.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Greek restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The decor is done very well, it's certainly very Greek!

My waitress was excellent, always close enough to refill my glass if needed but I never felt rushed into ordering anything.

I stuck to red wine throughout dinner and the Greek house red was both reasonably priced and very good.

I tried the tri-dip for a starter which was exceptional. Hot fresh pitta and authentic dips. I went for the Rabbit for my main which was a huge portion but very well seasoned and cooked. The rice, potatoes and vegetables which accompanied it were very good in their own right and not just "filler".

I stretched for the baklava for desert and this again was very good (if a tiny bit dry).

I can't fault anything about the meal, service or restaurant itself.

• Visited May 2013
Canada
“An Average Greek Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Loved the atmosphere of the restaurant and we had great service. Thought the food was only average. My husband had the calamari dinner and he thought it was dry and lacked seasoning. I appreciated the kitchen splitting my boys entree into two servings but I thought the chicken souvlak overcooked. My beef souvlaki was cooked well but lacked seasoning. Overall, disappointed with food and probably would not go back due to that reason.

Visited June 2013