“Best Greek Restaurant outside of Vancouver!”
Review of Theo's Restaurant

Theo's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 195 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Theo's is a family run Greek restaurant which opened in 1976. We use fresh produce from our garden when available and work with our local farmers and suppliers in the Okanagan valley to provide a menu which is both rooted in Greek village cooking and inspired by Okanagan ingredients.
bc
“Best Greek Restaurant outside of Vancouver!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been dining at this restaurant since they opened (over 30 years ago) and it is a FAVORITE! Theo and his family are always so welcoming and treat you like honoured guests in their home. The decor is very relaxing with the Greek music playing softly in the background. This is the place that I will take out of town visitors to . . . as it always impresses with food and atmosphere.

The food is simply prepared with very fresh ingredients. If you want 'clean' food . . . you'll find it here. Everything on the menu is wonderful! The wine list is extensive.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank jess h

penticton
“great restaurant”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had lunch with work associates service was great, food totally awesome, decor is very relaxing totally recommend if you are planning a trip to Penticton or even if you are local !!

Hope, Canada
“Unexpected Gem!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My good friend and I took off for a girl getaway last weekend and while combing through the hotels "things to do and places to eat" book, I stumbled across Theo's. After saying the name to my friend, she said she had recently heard about it from an acquaintance who had recently been to Theo's. So we decided to find it.

We pulled up and while the outside sort of took me aback, when we walked up we both were immediately excited. It made me feel like I was back in Europe. Walking in made me feel like I transported to Greece! The atmosphere and decor were super; the built in bench seating, pillows, wood fireplace, something new everywhere you looked.

It took us forever to figure out what we wanted to eat because the menu was so extensive. My friend had the paprika half roasted chicken dish and myself, choose the chicken souvlakia but we opted to not have the rice & potato for a greek salad.

My only thing and maybe its just my preference, the salad had white onion rather than the red that I generally use. The white onion was very strong so maybe a sweeter one would have been the trick? My friends chicken looked amazing but she said it was lacking in spices or something; she couldn't put her finger on it.

We both did feel that the size of the salad (in place of the potatoes & rice) was very small so I somewhat felt that I paid more than what my one skewer of chicken and a small bowl of salad was worth.

As we were getting ready to go, we saw the seafood platter for two brought out to a table and DEFINITELY will be going back to try it. My husband is excited to try their lamb or rabbit these being his two favorite.

Vancouver, Canada
“A little corner if Greece without the jet lag!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

What a fun experience it is to go to theo's restaurant with friends! It is a real outing, from tbe moment you enter the premises! We were greeted by the friendly waiter, shown a few possibilities for seating, and given enough time to choose our preferred seat. The menu had a great variety of choices. We had a delicious dinner, including some shared plates. The wine was good, the food was outstanding! The ambiance made for a memorable evening. If you are looking for a restaurant for dinner, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2013
Penticton, Canada
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to this restaurant for many years.
As soon as you walk into it, you are transported to Greece. The restaurant is of beautiful post and beam construction with high ceilings, artwork and photography on the walls and bazouki music playing quietly in the background. The interior decorating is definitely Greek.
We have had many of the foods listed on the menu.
The rabbit, dolmathes, paithakia,ribs,lamb shank roast potatoes, vegetables and moussaka are all excellent.
The spanakopita is ok, but too greasy. The Greek salad is not good. It could be much improved with better quality vegetables and feta. It also needs more olive oil and vinegar. Perhaps the oil and vinegar could be served separately and added by the customers.
On our last visit, my wife and I were really pleased with the fact that the food, except the roast potatoes was not oversalted as is so often the case in restaurants. I wish other restaurants would follow their example.
Service is uniformly excellent.
My major complaint with this restaurant is the cost of the wine, especially the wine sold by the glass. My wife and I had Retsina, a cheap harsh Greek wine that really goes with the food.
We paid $19.04 for a half a litre of a wine that costs $11.96 a litre in our expensive provincial liquor store. At the price we were paying, the cost was $38.08 a litre in the restaurant. That is well over 300% of the liquor store price.
I would go to this restaurant much more often if the wine was not so expensive.