“Just okay, usually better”
Review of Theo's Restaurant

Theo's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 197 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Theo's is a family run Greek restaurant which opened in 1976. We use fresh produce from our garden when available and work with our local farmers and suppliers in the Okanagan valley to provide a menu which is both rooted in Greek village cooking and inspired by Okanagan ingredients.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

On my last dining experience at Theo's I was a little disappointed. The previous time I was there, just before X-mas 2012, we had a marvelous experience, starting with the appetizer platter, which is huge, and then sharing lamb shoulder, again delicious, and we were glad we only had the one entree. Very happy with that meal. This time, my martini was watery, after requesting an Extra Extra dry gin martini, it turned out to be an oversized diluted drink, that
could not be saved by adding more vermouth as the server suggested. We ordered a calamari
appetizer, very nice, great for sharing. We ordered the roasted chicken for our entree, which arrived before we were half way thru our appetizer. The server later apologized for doing that, but explained that the owner had insisted she take the meal out anyway. I think what transpired was that shortly after we had arrived at the restaurant, about 4 other parties arrived in quick succession, so our order was in the kitchen first and the cook wanted our order out of the way as all the other food orders were piling up behind ours. Frankly I have seen this kind of thing happen before, in my over 35 years of experience in the industry, where the owner/chef/cook tries to control the flow of the diningroom from the kitchen when it is really the job of the server to inform the kitchen staff of the pace of each individual party. The food was adquate, the roast chicken delicious, the vegetables cool and then quickly cold and the potatoes underdone. It was a cool January night, and the restaurant was cool and drafty, even tho we were seated near the fireplace there were only a couple of small logs on it. A larger roaring fire would have thrown some heat and made the atmosphere a little more cosy. The fact that the room was cold and the dinner plates only slightly warmed contributed to our food going cold very quickly after arriving at the table. Generally speking, I like the restaurant, I will go again, but will pass on the martini, and probably hold off on ordeering my entree until after I finish my appetizer. There was no reason to ruch us thru our meal and that kind of ruined the evening for us, as we were hoping to re-live our previous experience.

1  Thank PenRes
There are newer reviews for Theo's Restaurant

Reviewed January 14, 2013

three of us stopped in at the recommmendation of our cabbie. From walking in, to leaving...it was a great dinner.
We had the tri-dip with Taramasalata, Hummus and Tsadziki....for mains we ordered roast lamb, ribs and rabbit....all were well prepared and worth having twice. The interior is pretty nice with tons of plants, nooks, balcony...made you feel like you were al fresco....We probably would have went back the next night, but we decided to try out some other options. Highly recommend this place and will go back next time I'm in Penticton

1  Thank Dashcal
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Enjoyed the food and ambience.

There is a good menu of food and local wines. I loved the courtyard dining area.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Big selection of well prepared food, super service, and great environment. My choices of entrée are the rosemary chicken or the lamb shoulder. We always recommend Theo's to our out of town friends and guests.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This used to be my favorite place to go here in town. The meals are just not the same. the quality has dropped. The Tatziki Recipe has changed for the worst. What happened to lat lovely smooth yogurt we loved? It was so gritty textured with no flavor. The Potatoes were under cooked as well. The server tried her best but she was just there for the summer. It will be a while before we come back.

1  Thank redi3frog