We dined here twice in the one week that we spent in Penticton. Both times we were greeted by friendly staff and seated shortly after we arrived even though we didn't have a reservation and the place seemed full.
We were served quickly and the dinner portions were large enough for 2 of us to share. We liked the Greek salad and the 3 dips with pita and were generally pleased with all that we ordered.
However, on our first visit we were put off by the overly ambitious waitresses that kept wanting to take our plates away before we were totally finished eating. It felt as if they were rushing to get us out of there.
On our second visit we were celebrating a birthday. Again, we were served huge portions of tasty food, but, the slice of birthday cake arrived without a candle. This really wasn't a problem but after it had been 1/2 eaten, the waitress showed up with the candle, and much to our horror, placed it in her mouth (yes, in her mouth) to light it and then placed it on the cake. OMG!! I'm still stunned and now can't help but wonder what goes on behind the scenes and whether or not the staff has had any training in hygienic/safe handling of food. Unfortunately, this incident was a bad ending to an otherwise good dining experience.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.