“Wow, now that's quality food!”

Salty's Beach House
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty's Beach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 201 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view
Description: Island flavours from around the world! Fun, energetic atmosphere in the heart of the summer action!
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Wife and I had lunch there one day during Peachfest 2014. Fabulous food. No wonder there was (almost) always a line-up waiting outside!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed August 24, 2014

This lunch I was alone and had work to do on my computer.
I saw Salty's and it looked trendy and busy right on the beach.
I decided to ask if they had air con and wifi because it was scorching hot and I needed to make it a working lunch. They were very inviting and showed me to a table near the back of the restaurant where it was very cool. They immediately offered me the internet connection details.

I love Long Island Ice Tea in Penticton and this place was no different ,,, they make them great!

In my opinion, their menu was really short and basic. There really was not much to choose from. It was printed all on one side of a dirty card. This is the one thing I believe they need to update.

I had the sliders and they were delicious. My recommendations.

Eventually the table behind me became extremely loud so I asked my waitress to move me - turns out it was a staff table with an owner or manager leading the group of 5 - 6 . Again, in my opinion, a staff table should never be situated in the restaurant. It is not a good image to see waiting staff taking a break being very loud in front of customers.

All in all I would still recommend this place as somewhere interesting on the beach to go and hang out with friends. The staff were very nice. Cheers!

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We come to Salty's any time we come to Penticton and have not had a bad experience yet. The prices have gone up (where haven't they??), the atmosphere is a little less easy-going (maybe that is good considering how busy they are now), and the food is less often stellar but more often consistent. I miss the feel that it was truly the end result of a world traveller's culinary experiences (even if it never was). Still with the trip.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Expensive restaurant that is probably popular because of the atmosphere. Calamari and fish tacos are really good. Entries are small in portion size and expensive for what you get. I wonder if they have a summer expensive menu and a less expensive winter menu for locals?

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Have gone to Salty ' s every year for several years while hanging out in Penticton. They have a good variety of food and everything I've had has been good. Prices are average and service has always been good. We have been in groups of 30 to just two of us and we have always been treated well. The place is busy in summer so a reservation would be recommend.