“OK food - but perhaps I should have had the curry??”

Iyara Thai Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 192 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are prepared the Authentic Thai food.
BC
“OK food - but perhaps I should have had the curry??”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I have been meaning to try this place for several years now, and when we finally made it I have to say it was nothing really to write home about. We had the Chicken Pad Thai (that has tofu in it - be warned) and another dish that I can't for the life of me remember the name of, but it was just.....OK. This being said, I think every other table in the place (and it was filling up fast) seemed to be ordering the green curry - which the waiter recommended, but we didn't go for. I regret that now! We each tried a Thai beer (at $7 each) and the two dishes - came out to just under $50.00. Portion size was great, as we ended up taking leftovers home with us as we were so full. Would I go again? I don't think so actually. I was expecting flavours that were different and little spicy (as my husband and I love all kinds of different ethnic foods) - yet the Pad Thai tasted really sweet, and like it was made with ketchup? Redeeming points - the staff. Super friendly and courteous, really made you feel welcome there.

• Visited November 2012

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Large menu house made!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This Thaï restaurant is a good one. I've been there with 3 others friends and everybody took something different. Nothing wrong to say, except maybe about the decoration. This is not one of the cheapest I have made but one plate was big enough for stoping me to be hungry!

Visited October 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Curries”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you like Thai curries then you'll like the Iyara. We had the green and red curries in which they put in some kaffir lime leaf. Very tasty and memorable. We found it a little expensive though if you had a drink. They charge too much for their drinks.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank fomiga
Peterborough, Canada
“A dependable Thai restaurant”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

They make an exquisite coconut soup. And most of their other dishes are terrific.....and better portions than at some Thai restaurants. I like their Red Curry and the Bean Sauce dish (Thai black bean sauce is totally different from Chinese...it's kind of sweet). My only complaint is that there is a red paste (I'm not sure what it is) that is a bit overdone in many of their dishes.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank LarryTheRadioGuy
Ontario native in British Columbia
“Great Thai food”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great authentic thai food. A great menu of choices. They were very accomodating when I asked for a change to a dish "no problem". It is cooked fresh, and to order...

1 Thank redcanoes