“Food is good. Only Cash”

Lee's Overseas Delights
Ranked #25 of 200 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Deli, Mongolian
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Let's not kid ourselves... Cash only in 2011? Unacceptable. ATM beside cash register charging $2 to withdraw money and pay your bill is offensive.

Food is good, Sunomono salad is good as are the Salad rolls. Yam tempura is excellent. But that cash only thing just pisses me off.

You'd think that a block away from the Canada Revenue Agency Building would be a deterrent, but I guess not... Cash only it still is.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

The seared salmon roll...... EPIC. I Love this place, it's my favourite place in Penticton for sushi. The staff are awesome too!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My three children, ages 3, 6 and 9, love sushi and other Asian foods. Lee's is the main reason why. The restaurant itself is unimpressive, but the food is good. I often bring take-out home for my family, and we have never been disappointed. If you're looking for good Asian food in Penticton, this is a good place to stop.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

My boyfriend and i go to Lees at least once or twice a week. Our food is always yummy and fresh. He usually gets the stirfry while i get a dynamite roll and edamame beans or stirfry.... Its easiest to order at the till then sit down if youre sitting on the kitchen side. Might have had a time or two where theyve forgotton drinks or something but.. No big deal. A reminder always does the trick. I would reccomend lees to any sushi/asian food lover. We looove it.

Reviewed September 24, 2010

In Vancouver if a restaurant offered this many cuisine options it would be the kiss of death. In fact even offering two types of cuisine makes people wary that they can do neither type well. We like our Thai restaurants to serve only Thai food etc. In Penticton the inverse is true people gravitate to places that do all types of Pan-Asian food. I do have to admit I was NOT brave enough to try the sushi here. Instead the mongolian grill caught my eye. It's set up just like the U-Grill at Metrotown. Oh and $6.99 a lb? Sure good deal... but my order that felt like 1lb ended up costing $10 magically... seems like some funny math was going on it wasn't exactly a transparent process and maybe the heavy silver platter you place food on gets included in the weight. Whatever, I like customizing my food and the stir-fry was actually good. The veggies were fresh with a good selection including aspargus (fresh and the thinner spears so it tasted good), surprisingly the shrimp was quite large and plump as well. I also threw in some tofu and had it with black bean sauce. I recommend you ask for less sauce though and less oil. There was far too much sauce. Oh and also be sure to look at the menu right beside the entrance (outside the restaurant though) it had some interesting dishes on it that they seem to hide not sure why. Those dishes were the whole reason I wanted to try the restaurant as I had seen it before when I had walked by the place. Oh and the guy at the cashier was Phillipino (Can we have some lumpia shanghai or pancit canton added to the menu please!)

1  Thank strawberryskies