“Beer and Bistro!”

Barley Mill Brew Pub & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Barley Mill Brew Pub & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 198 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Families Welcome upstairs in our Family Sports Bistro. Warm Pub Atmosphere since 1982! Large Patio Seating, Big Screen TV's, Great Service & Tradtional Pub Fare. Central Penticton Location is close to Skaha Beach! Penticton's only Brew Pub featuring Hand Crafted Chemical Free Beer! A Tourist Destination and Local Favourite!
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Service good with personable servers. Very tasty food. Reasonable prices and their hand crafted lager adds to your pleasure. The flaming fireplace a welcome addition on this wintery day. We will definitely return.

Kori_Iceton, Manager at Barley Mill Brew Pub & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Thank you Gail! We love our local and visiting guests! We hope you will be visiting the sunny Okanagan once again this summer!! The sun is starting to shine and the patio will be opening very soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My hubby and I ate dinner here twice while in town and enjoyed all aspects of it. My only complaint is letting people smoke in the outdoor seating. Um, we can still smell it even though we're outside. It only takes one smoker to ruin it. Anyway, other than that it was very good and we recommend it.

1  Thank richthetech
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We gave the Barley Mill a try in spite of its seemingly lacklustre TripAdvisor rating amongst the many Penticton restaurants and found the service, food and drink to be very good in all respects. I would rate their northern style brown ale as amongst some of the best I have tried. There were three options for dining, an outside patio, the pub and an upstairs bistro and we opted for the pub which was not overly crowded or noisy. There is an extensive menu as well as a good choice of ales and local wines. We certainly wouldn't hesitate to dine there again.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This pub brews and sells its own brands of beer of which the pale ale is my favourite when enjoying the sun on their outside patio. The fish and chips are to die for followed by my favourite beer. When leaving always a good idea to plck up a 6pack for home.

Thank you for enjoying our Beer both at the pub and at home!! The Fish & Chips are one of our most popular items! Cheers!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a TERRIBLE experience at this restaurant. We walked in to a dead restaurant for lunch and waited awkwardly as there was no one to greet us. Being a hostess myself I grabbed two menus and sat ourselves. Took a solid 10 minutes before the server greeted us when there was literally only one other table she was serving. She had a bit of an attitude and took forever with a water and a pop. I told her my water tasted like watered down coke (probably from a pop gun rather than tap) and she brought me a new one which tasted the exact same. The food was mediocre at best. It was clear the nachos were thrown together sloppily. I had been to this place before and had been somewhat satisfied but I know I wont be recommending this place anytime soon.