“Beware!”

Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Beware!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

Very in need of updating. Kitchenette we stayed in had a dirty stove top, dishes had dried food on them, and the coffee maker was disgusting. Toilet leaked if not flushed right. Shower had mould in it. Carpet had crumbs and sand on it. We did check for bedbugs and found none in either of the two beds. That, we were grateful for! The prices were outrages for any room due to it being Ironman weekend. We paid three times as much as what it would have cost any other weekend and the owner laughed at how there was nothing we could do about it. Don’t stay here. After talking to numerous other competitors, there were plenty of other places that were cleaner and cheaper.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank mckedd

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
BC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

When we walked into our room, I pulled the cord on the ceiling fan to turn on the light and the cord fell off. We couldnt get the sink in the 'kitchen' to stop dripping, the air conditioner had seen better days and only put out warm air. The children had a separate room with a bunk bed that my youngest couldnt sleep on because the top mattress was too old and when they both lay on the bottom one, it sunk. It had no bedding and when I asked for blankets, the owner handed me some and I had to make up the beds myself.
The room had a bad odor that the owner said was cleaner...hmmm
The beds, kitchen area, table and chairs were all about 30 years old and repainted again and again, the carpet was grubby and stained.
The blinds were all different and dirty and they didnt close all the way and the curtains were falling off the wall.
When I turned on the shower in the morning, I got sprayed in the face because the duct tape around the shower head was coming off.
When I opened the window in the kids room, there was a laundry line with all the blankets and sheets on it, I was under the impression that public bedding needed to be thoroughly sanitized and dried in a hot dryer.
This motel may be good value if you need it by the hour...UGH...or by the month...but this is NOT somewhere I would even send someone I didnt like!
We were booked in for two nights, I was on the phone to the Best Western at 1:30 in the morning trying to get a room...we left first thing in the morning!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank 2cruise44

Travelers are raving about these Penticton hotels

HOHOHOT55
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2008

Was not as described in brochure. Property was run down and very old. Owner/Manager was very unfriendly. Room was filthy, also found what looked like an old used condom on the floor. Stay away if you have kids. also on on very busy road!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the manager
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank HOHOHOT55
edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

The management was rude - The room was horrid, and had a smell of mold and urine. Once I saw the room, the manger would not give me the money back and charged through 3 days on my card, even though I left the moment I saw the room.

I have never been in such a horrid hotel. Never ever again!!!
Stay away.

Stayed July 2008
4 Thank mamasita24
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2008

I spent 7 nights in Holiday House Motel in March 2008. The service is good. what every you want the manager always try to help you.To give me local map,free ride to bus station and so on. I will go back and stay the same motel next time.

thanks

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank liza48
penticton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2007

I moved into the holiday house march 21 and stayed until may 9 they charged a 300 dollar damage deposit in which they kept 200 i was charged $90 dollars for loosing a key in which he replaced the whole lock he said that it cost 90$ because it was a "industrial" style lock he then charged me for addtional damages which where already present in the room.Previously the Landlord had walked into my room on several occasions i also suspect he may have came into my room when i was not home the day i moved out the landlord came into my room and started throwing my things out onto the sidewalk i called the police and they talked to him about proper vacating practices.I have also heard from other people who have rented from him that he has kept there damge deposits as well he tried to tell me by law he had the right to give me my dd 15 days after i vacated this was also untrue he has no clue as to what hes act he is under i also found black widows and mutiple spiders in my room.a black widow is a highly venomous potentially lethal spider and it was in my window he aslo charged me 8 dollars a week for a phone which had no long distance and could be used after 11 pm the suite was absolutely digscusting old matresses and under my bed i found the remnants of a crack pipe as well as dust and corpses of insects i was charged 153 dollars a week for this place which had a stove from the earley 70s and almost no hot water in the main sink i would have to boil my water to do dishes. he had also woken me several times at 730 in the morning behind my suite using his weed whacker i could hear neighbours complaining as well.

this hotel is not a nice place its not fair and its not cheap you will be apying just as much there as you could for a quality hotel with respectable land lords

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything alll the problems i had with the suite and management
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank ryan87