“Disgusting!”

Holiday House Motel
Holiday House Motel
Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This place needs to be shut down! Someone (if not me) should call the health board, safety inspector AND the fire marshall to come and inspect this filthy disgusting motel! I'm sure there are all kinds of penalties to be found here from all three. Was mis-informed about price, it wasn't honored what I was quoted. Why are there not any places you can complain to about issues people may have with motels?!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank SammyL666
There are newer reviews for Holiday House Motel

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were given a room with two double beds, and on top of one of them was a cock ring. How disgusting made us wonder if the room was rented by the hour. Went and got the desk person to show him, don't think he understood us. Also the room had no phone....weird. I was seriously sick to my stomach after this.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank puddins4
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while touring Canada . We had a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. It wasnt right in the township but you could walk to the lake . It was clean and the bistro attached to complex was excellent and can reccomend the steak and pear salad

Room Tip: Get one upstairs overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rosemary t
Reviewed October 1, 2013

On a long road trip heading home, my wife and myself tried to find a room for a stopover in Osoyoos, BC. But being in the middle of the holiday season and a long weekend, all rooms were sold out. Not much more luck in Oliver, BC but there the advice to try the Holiday House Motel in Penticton, BC. But instead of giving me a rate, the hotel employee on the phone asked me for a bid. Answering that this was not my way of doing business, he offered a rate of $ 250.00. When I mentioned that the room must be very comfortable, he was honest enough to reply "no", but it is the only room left! I allowed myself to add that I could not accept the offer but that he would hear back from me, he sent me a few minutes later an SMS: "If you are couples, the rate will be cheaper". I had stated from the beginning that it was for two guests.

Room Tip: Sorry, did not want to see a room for $ 250.00 in a ** star hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sagogn
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Small and older building. Wish my room had a stove and sink but the price is right. Smack dab between 2 warm lakes and the lazy river. I booked on Expedia and got a great deal. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed August 14, 2012

august 14/12 my worst stay when i found hair on the pillows dirty sheets stains on mattresses patched holes they hang there sheets and towels on a clothesline out dated Bathroom wires running on the outside of the walls towel rack you would use at home not in Hotel and not fastened to the wall Went to go and get clean sheets and pillow cases the guy at desk told he would change them tomorrow no i said i want clean sheets now not tomorrow or will leave I will never stay at this Hotel stay away from this dive. i found he did not understand what said

Room Tip: check reviews before staying
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank joy109
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Stayed at Holiday House for 2 nights July 30. Dusty dirty rooms, NO hot water. The sign on the motel claims 'best rate available' but it was the most expensive. Rude staff who can't understand a thing you're trying to say. Avoid this Motel, Super 8 would have been miles above.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends