“Would try again now that building has completed”

Painted Rock Estate Winery
Ranked #17 of 84 things to do in Penticton
More attraction details
Owner description: Painted Rock offers exceptional wines for a world audience.Envisioned as a family-run estate winery, Painted Rock draws its inspiration from proprietor's John and Trish Skinner. The Skinner's philosophy is rooted in the simple idea that wine should be made for friends and family to enjoy. With a dedication to quality and a respect for the terroir, Painted Rock ensures that each grape is of superior quality, proving that the best wines are made in the vineyard.Painted Rock's latest addition is the spectacular new tasting room, wedding and events facility which overlooks the estate vineyards and Skaha Lake and provides the perfect setting for any event.Painted Rock offers a patio lounge and a grassed picnic area to sit and enjoy the views and a glass of Painted Rock wine.
Regina, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Would try again now that building has completed”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I will start by saying that we visited Painted Rock Estate Winery back at the beginning of August 2013, but could not leave a review at that time as they were not yet listed on Trip Advisor.

We were on our 1st trip to Kelowna and area wineries and decided just to venture out and see where the car took us. That's how we ended up at Painted Rock. We thought we weren't in the right area as they were in the midst of building, but we were quickly told they had a temporary tasting room set up and were led inside. I had no problems that it was makeshift, we understand that wineries aren't built in a day, and were just glad to try the wines.

The representative was friendly and knowledgeable and the wine was good (sorry can't remember what the varietals were), but the prices were all around $40-$45 ish and we just weren't looking to spend that as an average on our bottles. I'm not against this price range but it just wasn't what we intended to spend on that jaunt of the trip. I'm hoping they will have more variety as they open and are more established.

With that said we will be back the next time we're in the area, which will hopefully be this summer/early fall.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sinnayanae

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Painted Rock Winery a big insult”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I recently visited Painted Rock winery in Penticton, B.C. It was a quiet wet day, in October. There were two couples at the tasting bar, each with a representative. There were three in my party, and we stood there for at least 10 minutes waiting for someone to say hello. We left without ever having been greeted. Pity, I was very interested in the Painted Rock product, had plenty of cash and was looking forward to parting with it.
So, off we went, to the many other wonderful and friendly wineries in the area and came home with a brilliant selection of wines, just not from Painted Rock. I won't go there again.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Cathy G
PaintedRockWinery, Owner at Painted Rock Estate Winery, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Cathy,

Firstly let me apologize for not responding earlier, we are a young business and were not yet set up on Trip Advisor so I’ve just now learned of your post.
I am very sorry that you did not have a wonderful experience at Painted Rock. I am not going to make excuses as I hold myself and my team to the highest standards. We had only opened our new facility in September and by the sounds of it we were not adequately staffed. That was my fault and I apologize for that. We are closed now until late spring but please except my invitation to return so we can redeem ourselves. If you contact me directly at johnskinnner@paintedrock.ca I would be happy to arrange a private tasting for you and your friends. I do appreciate the feedback as it will make us better and I look forward to proving that to you.

Kind regards,