“A Hidden Treasure”

Ranked #35 of 197 Restaurants in Penticton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have dined around the world, but this was a new taste experience for me. If TripAdvisor had not posted the wrong address on the map, I doubt that I would have been able to get in for lunch. The restaurant is small with only a half dozen tables. Cleopatra's has a unique Mediterranean menu, with daily specials, served by the owner, and chef. The portions were large, delicious and very inexpensive. Now at the risk of having to wait to get a table, and in fairness to the restaurant, I will tell you where in Penticton this restaurant is located. It is on Westminster and Power Street, across from the Okanagan Auction on the side of another restaurant. I hope this helps someone, as I searched for two days before locating Cleopatra's and it was worth the search.

1  Thank 460Lorraine
There are newer reviews for Cleopatra Cafe

Reviewed October 27, 2013

quality, value, service..yes you can have all three.

Lunch special is amazing..$7.50 for a huge portion of the best of the best.

I've eaten alot of fantastic middle eastern/Mediterranean food in BC (Abdul's in Burnaby comes to mind)..but Cleos is in another league.

Run, don't walk

1  Thank Matthew J
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Cleopatra Mediterranean and Turkish Restaurant, Penticton, BC

This is a fun ethnic restaurant run by authentic couple that produces real food. The service is personal and genuine. We were happy to find it “almost” open at 9 pm and the owner was pleased to set us up with a couple plates to go. A chicken shwarma dinner and a dolmathes plate was more than enough food for dinner for the two of us. The meal was really tasty and the portions huge for modest prices. Later we saw the customer service included water for canine friends too. Such good people running the restaurant. We intend to go back to sample more of the menu on this stay and you should too. Do your taste buds a favour and check out this gem in Penticton right across from the Convention Centre.

2  Thank Charles S
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went there last month for the first time.......it's a bit out of the way from the downtown area, but I'd heard great things. And it didn't disappoint me. Had a wonderful Chicken Shwarma plate......very reasonably priced. Enjoyable conversation with manager/owner as well. I will be back.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We arrived around 8pm at the end of a long holiday weekend to pick up food to go. While they were out of baba ganoush, the owner happily prepared fresh tabouleh. The lamb kabob plate was tasty and filling and my friend loved the veggie plate. One warning--very garlic heavy!
When I come back to Penticton, I will definitely eat here again.