“recent experience with trying to rent a raft for six people”
Review of Coyote Cruises

Coyote Cruises
vernon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“recent experience with trying to rent a raft for six people”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

this is the email I have sent the company. I have not received a response as of yet and I also tried calling but no answer and unable to leave a message.

This is to share my recent experience with Coyote Cruises in Penticton.

On Thursday July 11th at 11:28am I called Coyote Cruises to enquire about tubing down the channel. There were six of us to be going and was told we could rent a 6 to 8 person raft for $60.00 which also included the bus ride back. I asked if we needed to make a reservation and was told that we did not. The girl also seemed anxious just to get me off the phone, and was not helpful at all.

We arrived there on Sunday excited to take our first ride down the channel, only to be told that they were out of rafts and we should have made a reservation. We were then told that they only other option was to rent tubes. I did not like the idea of that and making my kids ride down the channel alone. However we all agreed to this - but then we were informed that they were also out of tubes.

We were all very disappointed that we drove from Vernon and had planned this trip to do the channel. Whomever I spoke to (female) on phone gave me the wrong information and wasted our day. I expect an apology from your company and her. I also hope that a supervisor will be talking to her and explain that she should learn how to do her job and not give people misinformation.

4 Thank jackieclaire

Woodinville, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Floating fun with friends and family”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A great value - $12.00 per person gets you a tube and a bus ride back to the start. ($2 of that is for a environmental fee used to clean the channel since folks can't seem to keep their empty beer cans to themselves). You can bring your own floatation devices and pay $4 to have Coyote Cruises staff blow them up for you using their air compressor.

Bring only what you are willing to float down with you and leave everything else in your car/hotel as there are no lockers on site.

Float time can vary between 1 hour and 4 hours depending on the flow speed/wind. Best to ask folks getting off a returning bus how long it took them to float down to get the most accurate timeframe.

You can also bring your floatation devices, blow them up yourself and enter the channel for free. But, you will not be able to ride the bus back, so you'd need to do the 2-car-shuffle from start to end. I thought the $12 was a reasonable price for not having to worry about my own float and coordinating efforts to get back to my car.

Halfway down the channel is a pit-stop with snacks, ice cream and souvenirs. Makes a great break location when the channel float is several hours.

2 Thank dizhydiva
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tons of fun but come prepared!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just got back from Canada Day weekend in Penticton - my first time. Did some research before I went and knew I had to rent a tube and float down the channel with locals and tourists alike. Amazing fun, great value ($12 gets you a tube rental and bus ride back to the beginning). One thing I wish someone had told me - they do not provide lockers or anywhere to lock up your valuables, only a few small cubbies for clothing & shoes. My boyfriend and I were staying at a B&B on the other side of town and were planning on taking our bicycles to the beach for the day before heading to Coyote Cruises, so we had our wallets, phones, camera, towels, etc. with us. I never thought that we'd have a problem finding somewhere to store our things and when we got there and found out there were no lockers available at Coyote Cruises or anywhere in town, we seemed to be the only ones with this problem - everyone else showed up in vehicles with only their bathing suits and flip flops (which is interesting because the majority of the floaters bring beer/coolers with them so I'd think more would bike or walk there instead of driving). We'd already purchased our rentals so we ended up walking around aimlessly with our backpacks and bicycle basket, asking hotels if we could pay them to hold onto our things. Thankfully, after 45 minutes of wandering, we went into a shop to buy another floaty (at this point we figured we would have to bring our valuables with us and needed a way to keep them dry) and the man working there said we could leave our stuff with him for a few hours. When we finally got on the channel, it was completely worth it, but I still can't believe no where in the area has lockers and even more absurd, that no one else seems to find this a problem. There are no signs and of all the people we spoke to beforehand, no one thought to mention not to bring anything with us - literally show up in a bathing suit with only a cooler of beer. Guess now we know for next time.

2 Thank Katelyn C