“Disappointment diverted!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bellevue Kitchen + Bar

The Bellevue Kitchen + Bar
Ranked #104 of 190 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Westminster, Canada
“Disappointment diverted!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went to the Bellevue Cafe on a Sunday when almost everything around is closed. I was craving sushi and there was nothing on the menu like it. I decided I hadn't had chicken fingers in a long time so I ordered that and lo and behold they did not have any. I opted for the ham swiss and spinach sandwich. It was sooooo good. I'm drooling just writing about it right now. Anyway, the service was really good, except for when our server changed in the last 5 minutes of our lunch, but damn, I'd come back just for the sandwich.

• Visited May 2013

Peterborough, Canada
“Excellent Breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I came back and it was much better. Had the Huevos Rancheros for breakfast, and my partner had a sausage breakfast wrap and a latte. She said her latte was terrific, and she enjoyed the wrap.

The Huevos Rancheros were made with corn and black beans....very nice! NIcely presented.

The atmosphere is interesting art and, today, some Latin American music....created an atmosphere consistent with the food.

• Visited May 2013
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Serious Sconnage...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I've had my lattes here a few times, always very good. Comfortable atmosphere, usually some quality jazz playing. Some nice artworks adorn the walls. The other afternoon I grabbed one of their scones ( which look more like a very large danish than anything) - and wow, these are some SERIOUS SCONES here. Really heavy duty sconnage - one of these makes a nice solid snack. The one I had was finished with a very delicate vanilla glaze and sprinkled with sliced almonds. Inside it was loaded with peach preserves, and the overall consistency was moist but hearty at the same time. Really, really NICE.

• Visited March 2013
Penticton, Canada
“Cute Coffee Shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Good cheese scones, brownies and chai tea lattes. Beautiful atmosphere. The owner does look a little grumpy but the other girls I've ordered from seemed very friendly. Nice place to go when you're going for coffee with your partner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Peterborough, Canada
“Nice breakfast, but a bit greasy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Actually I'd like to give this placed 3/12 stars but there isn't that option. I had a delicious spicy sausage wrap....the sausage had a bit of that 'anise' taste that I like. Wrap was nicely baked. My partner was a little disappointed with her scrambled egg dish....lots of cheese, but it was more like an omelet with not too many veggies. The fried potatoes and the buttered toast was rather greasy. The coffee's ok....but not wonderful.

Visited November 2012