“What a wonderful experience!”

Grape Escapes Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 46 Food & Drink in Penticton
More attraction details
Owner description: Dare to enjoy our wine tours without dashes of pretentiousness or hints of snootiness. Grape Escapes believes that wine should be all about having fun and loving the taste. Simply drink the wine with something or someone you find delicious. We are the only wine-industry certified company touring Naramata Bench, Summerland, OK Falls, Oliver-Osoyoos, & the Similkameen based in Penticton. AWARDS: 2016 Luxury Travel Guide Global Wine Specialist of the Year Award 2015 Business Excellence Award as Best Hospitality/Tourism Business of the Year (Penticton & Wine Country Chamber of Commerce) 2015 Aboriginal Tourism Business of the Year (All Nations Trust) 2016/15/14 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award 2013 Best of the Okanagan Readers' Choice Awards (Okanagan Life Magazine) 2012 Business Excellence Award as Best New Business (Penticton & Wine Country Chamber of Commerce).
Reviewed May 31, 2013

A friend and I visited Penticton during the May long weekend and we decided to do a girls day wine tour while the boys had their soccer tournament. A huge thanks to our guide Mark for the warmest hospitality. He is very knowledgeable in wine, and also gave us some information about the area. He provided us with abundance amounts of snacks including dark chocolate, strawberries, and cheese. We also never had to carry our boxes of wine (we ended up with 3 cases) during the tour. We had a small dog with us, and Dino was so kind to make arrangements for the little pup so we can enjoy our tour worry-free. We chose the South Okanagan tour as we both have always wanted to visit Hester Creek and Burrowing Owl. We trusted Dino to choose the rest of the wineries and so glad that we did! Beside the two wineries, we went to Rustico. As soon as we walked in, Bruce welcomed us with his friendly smile (they have one of the best zin I've ever tasted). Another memorable experience was Silver Sage winery. They have some interesting wines such as "The Flame" which is a spicy dessert wine, and they also have some great reds such as "The Passion" Pinot Noir. Overall, this was a great experience and more than I expected. I highly recommend Grape Escapes, and can't wait until the next tour! Thank you Mark & Dino!

GrapeEscapes, Owner at Grape Escapes Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you, Kezia, for your wonderful words. Both Mark and I enjoyed having you as our guests and receiving the feedback on the wineries visited. We look forward to your return trip(s) to tackle the remaining 200+ wineries! Cheers!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went with my mother-in law and had a great time tasting the good wines from Naramata. Dino was so nice and knew a lot about wines. He really transmit his passion for wine. I would definitely recommend this tour to people who are new to wine. I learned a lot and enjoy it.

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your kind review. I am so pleased you enjoyed our tour and learned more about our Okanagan wine and hope my passion for wine and the Okanagan has rubbed off on you! Thanks, again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

A group of six went on a tour of naramata. There are so many wineries that it is had to pick from, but all of the ones Neil chose for us were amazing! Neil was great and very patient as we had a mobility challenged person in our group, and he went above and beyond for her. This made the overall trip perfect. Delicious dinner at Hillside winery. Well worth it, best wine tour!

GrapeEscapes, Owner at Grape Escapes Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

First off, thank you for choosing Grape Escapes! We are thrilled you enjoyed the wine experience we offered and that it suited your family well. I will pass on your comments to Neil, who mentioned to me that he very much appreciated the time spent with you. Thanks, again. Cheers!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Penticton BC for a 1 week get-away. I wanted to tour the wineries but with not much background in the varieties of grapes and blends, I thought best of hiring a tour guide. Dino was exceptional. Some of his abilities included his knowledge, explanations of wine making processes, history of different wineries in the area and a great sense of humour. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience with Dino and Grape escapes!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
GrapeEscapes, Owner at Grape Escapes Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Okanagan Wine Country! Very much appreciated, Fred. Our business is built mainly by "word-of-mouth" such as reviews on TripAdvisor and sharing with others. We are flattered that you enjoyed the time spent with us and that we were able to help you experience a fabulous Okanagan wine experience. Cheers!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had a great weekend away. Dino took care of all the details no hassle on our end at all. Booked us in to five great vineyards. Picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel. Had water and snacks on board ready for us. The information was great and we purchased a lot of really great wine. What a weekend in the Okanagan!

GrapeEscapes, Owner at Grape Escapes Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent Grape Escapes experience. We value your feedback very much as it helps us on our continual quest for providing the best experience possible. If you have any suggestions on what would we could do to rank a five-star rating we'd love to hear your suggestions. Again, thanks for taking the time to review us. Cheers!