“Penticton - Trip”

Cross street: Main
Jasper National Park, Canada
“Penticton - Trip”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went for a bite to eat with the wife and had a pleasant meal. They have a good wine selection, made some recommendations, and everything was reasonably priced.

Drinks didn't take long and food came out with a good pace.

I would return next time i'm in town. Odd name for a lounge/tapas room though.

• Visited September 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“I don't think I would go back”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went here the other night. Everything was going well until we got our appetizers. The caesar salad tased slightlt off from the grill. Almost like it was grilled with a blow torch. We ate it anyways and didn't think too much of it. We finished our appy's. a couple sat down near us, ordered, had their appy's, had their meal, and paid before we got out meal. The waiter came out a few times telling us first that it would be just a few minutes, then about twenty minutes later, with a more accurate guess that it was 5 more minutes...no apology...

Surprise, I had the lamb special and because it was grilled, it tasted just like my caesar salad and it was practically raw when I ordered medium rare...I couldn't send it back because I didn't want to spend the rest of my trip waiting for it. Do they even clean the grill???

In all it was a horrible, long experience. I was overly displeased that the server didn't note to correct anything.

Surrey, Canada
“Horrible service & food But they made it right”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

THey said 2 staff members quit that day, it was during the Peachfest on Friday night. We made the mistake of leaving the Barking Parrot to go to the Bufflehead because they had steak on the menu. We sat down at 7:30, waited for 30 min for our drinks. Our dinner came at 10pm (3 steaks, 1 pasta, 2 appies) after we complained repeatedly. We were just about to leave (gave up) when our food came. We were less than pleased. The manager acknowledged the horrible service when the bill came and paid for all of our drinks, the steaks and 1 appy. Had they not had the class to do that, this review would have been bloodshed. This restaurant has some serious issues, all patrons that night were unhappy, as well, our fave band also ordered from there and didn't get their food for 2 hours! The HEADLINER of Peachfest! Crazy. Anyways, they made it right, I give them that.

1 Thank Chrissy5440
“Worst Service Ever”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Went for a special evening supper, needless to say the night fell hugely flat after our visit to The Bufflehead. After taking our tables glasses to the bar myself I then asked the brain dead hostess to kindly send our server over to refresh us - Nothing...! We sat until I couldn't stand it and got up to leave as our food was hurriedly being shuffled to us. We asked for it to be packaged and they obliged. Our server was either ignorant to the service she was providing or she really didn't care. Food aside from being horribly cold and utensil free was good. I would not recommend eating there. 2 other tables left when we did due to lack of service. Try the Hooded Merganser - amazing food and great service. All of the younger staff work at the Bufflehead - maybe training grounds for the Merganser. Either way very disappointed.

USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service and good food”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Four of us had dinner last night and really enjoyed our dinner. We had a table with a view of the lake and the weather was great.

Our Waitress named Ainsley was terrific! She made the night much better.

Try the crab stuffed mushrooms they were wonderful tasting.

1 Thank d d