“Sweet and Savoury!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cupcake Lady Cafe - CLOSED

Cupcake Lady Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Vegetarian, Canadian, French, Gluten Free
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: The award-winning Cupcake Lady Cafe is officially for sale! If you have the passion and creativity to take this business to the next level that it is sooo ready for, call me!!! Ask for the Cup Cake Lady. At the Cupcake Lady Cafe 'We're not just Sweet!". We have gourmet cupcakes, cakes, crepes, waffles, panini's, smoothies, organic coffee and tea, desserts, ice cream and now serving wine and spirits. We offer a special Champagne brunch and all day breakfast. With a French Parisian atmosphere in both our indoor and outdoor cafe, we ask you to join us for wine pairings, crepe and waffle creations and desserts.Come treat yourself and friend to a decadent invasion of your senses. All foodies, wine snobs and coffee connoisseurs welcome!
Oliver, British Columbia
“Sweet and Savoury!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

While out walking, I happened by this little cafe and was drawn to it by strains of Frank Sinatra's music coming through their outdoor speaker. Being lunch time, I decided to give it a try. On entering, I was enthusiastically greeted by two women and instantly felt welcome. The front glassed in counter was an array of brightly frosted cupcakes with alluring names. The interior is painted in a warm pink contrasting nicely with black tables,chairs and overhead lights. A large wall blackboard lists their savoury crepes and waffles. What to pick? The owner suggested the special crepe of the day and was delighted to start cooking for me on the spot. I felt special and then was given a freshly made cup of coffee,which I had ordered dark roast - it was!
The crepe was delivered hot and it was delicious, very flaky with lots of cheese, onions, ham and pineapple-BBQ sauce on the side. However, no room for dessert. Those cupcakes were beckoning! So, I ended ordering half a dozen to take out. They have special containers for this. A variety of people came in and out just ordering one or two. Most appeared to be "regulars."
Good sign! Arriving home, my husband and i tried half a cupcake each but that was only starters. Of course, we finished off two whole ones. The icing is generous and these homemade cupcake gems could be very addictive. I managed to get the remaining four into the freezer and they await our next dessert "fix." Meanwhile, I know where to go for an inviting lunch and will introduce my friends to this cozy cafe. I'm already thinking about the Smoked Salmon Benny!

• Visited February 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“Crepes Worth Waiting For!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Today we used our expired Groupon (still worth the purchased value) and WOW! We ordered the Mediterranean and Chicken Margarita crepes, with large lattes. The crepes are freshly made while you watch and all fresh ingredients. They were absolutely the best tasting bites. The crepes are 14-16 inches and filled with a generous amount of assorted toppings. A full meal!
Be patient as it is a labour of love process building each crepe order, nothing is pre-made and reheated!
Order the large coffee drink and watch the process! The Mediterranean crepe is something I will crave again and again!

The cupcakes looked scrumptious, but no room for dessert ..... that will have to be another visit.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank BobnDebi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely the best breakfast in the South Okanagan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was taken for brinch by a friend this morning and she insisted I had to try the Cupcake Lady. We ordered: (me) bacon benny crepe (her) spanakopitta crepe and a cappuccino each.

The young lady who took our order was overwhelmingly polite. The owner was the chef (I believe). Our food was done in munites and what arrived was two plates of beautiful perfection. I actually wish I'd thought to take a photo.

The benny crepe was folded into a triangular shape, a perfect medium poached egg and crumbled, crisp salty sweet bacon, craftily zigzagged with HANDMADE hollandaise sauce. I really ahd never considered a benny on a crepe before but it was absolutely delightful.

My friend's spanakopitta crepe was presented beautifully, stuffed full of spinach, tomato and peppers. it was topped off with a dilly tzatziki sauce and a small dollop of hot sauce. The bite she shared with me was absolutely spectacular.

The cappuccino were perfect, the coffee not to bitter and layered and presented in beautiful clear mugs.

The sservice was friendly and lovey - we ended up buying a some cupcakes on the way out to give to my kids.

In short, I would abcolutely rcommend this place to anyone for a lovely casual and kind of upscale breakfast or brunch.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ted D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“for the sweet side and the savory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had an amazing lunch. Until recently I had only enjoyed the cupcakes and ruffle cakes. I tried the bacon and egger benny crepe and it was to die for. So delicious. They have a great selection of crepes and waffles. Everything sounds and looks divine. I could spend all day in this café. Such great service. Everyone including the customers are so nice and upbeat. My visit was an enjoyable one and I will continue to go back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Shanna S
Penticton, Canada
“Lack of selection and in need of an attitude change”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A cupcake cafe sounds divine but selection more often than not is vanilla with chocolate, plain vanilla, chocolate with vanilla or plain chocolate. On the odd occasion that fun flavours are offered they are in fact delicious, but for those basics I can make them at home for far cheaper. And sadly the owner is more often rude to many of the customers and I've even heard her bad-mouth them to other customers - not good business practice, especially in a small town. Has she not ever heard of the expression "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Erin0075
Gigi H, Public Relations Manager at Cupcake Lady Cafe, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
The Cupcake Lady Cafe strives to give it's customers the best customer service possible. Along with making all of the food from scratch and with love, we love our customers. We think we have the happiest most courteous customers in town. With a large local following we try to make every visit the best experience ever. Mouthwatering Crepes and Waffles, along with yummy cupcakes and treats give each customer a chance to enjoy something they like. We hope that you come to our cafe again and have a wonderful experience.